Postpartum Depression
Options

Will this ever go away?

So my son is 15 months old.  I just went off of Celexa about a month ago because I thought I was ready and I am considering TTC.  I had PPA and OCD.  The intrusive thoughts come and go still.  I feel like I will never be normal again.  I am so discouraged.  My DH is supportive but just doesnt get it. I guess I will try talk therapy again and see how that goes.  Is anyone else experiencing this? 
Type 1 Diabetic

Re: Will this ever go away?

• Options

I know how you feel.

Some days, I just wish I would wake up and the OCD would just be GONE. I went through cognitive therapy and the main point is that everyone - everyone - has "weird" thoughts. We just get stuck on them because they scare us so much. So the idea is that the thoughts don't go away because they can't - everyone has them - but they will stop bothering you.

It helped me to pay attention to all the other "weird" thoughts that go through my head day to day. When my son was four months old, I was eating ice cream and I thought "I could give him some." There was no way I'd give my four month old ice cream, so it was just a weird, random thought. It didn't scare me though, so I just let it come and go. 

I think if you haven't tried cognitive behavioral therapy, it might be worth a shot. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"