May 2011 Moms

Has your baby been sick?

I am a SAHM who EBF's, and LO is sick for the second time.  I don't know what kind of results I'm going to get- if anything, but I'm curious....
[Poll]
imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image

Re: Has your baby been sick?

• It's not clicky, it looks like you posted the results...

I EBF and DS has the sniffles now for the second time. It's not bad, just like first time wasn't either. The only Sx is a little bit of snots, not even runny nose, more like congested and I've had to use the bulb (I keep forgetting to buy the Nose Freda thing). DS and my friend's LO got sick at the same time we took them to story time on Wed, both woke up sick Thurs. Her LO is FF and has been way worse, all the cold Sx, even fever.

• I voted FF, home cared, never sick. (But he had breastmilk at the beginning)

I'm terrified of the day he gets sick.  I don't want to see him all icky and unhappy. :( 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Em is BF and FF and currently is really sick. She got it from my nephew. Poor girl has a fever and a bad runny nose. :(
  • imageSteph&Harry08:

It's not clicky, it looks like you posted the results...

I EBF and DS has the sniffles now for the second time. It's not bad, just like first time wasn't either. The only Sx is a little bit of snots, not even runny nose, more like congested and I've had to use the bulb (I keep forgetting to buy the Nose Freda thing). DS and my friend's LO got sick at the same time we took them to story time on Wed, both woke up sick Thurs. Her LO is FF and has been way worse, all the cold Sx, even fever.

I have no clue what's going on with the poll.... hmm. 

He was just stuffy the first time he got sick and it was gone in day or two.  This time he's congested and has a runny nose.  Poor baby.  I'm getting a nose frieda today... the bulb is useless :(

• I picked BF, SAHM, has been sick. 

At 7 weeks he had his first cold.   We were out of town visiting family for a week and I caught a cold. DS got it a few days later.  It wasn't too bad, he just had a stuffy nose and it was gone in a couple of days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I picked BF, had been sick and cared for at home. I also watch another baby once a week though and I think he caught his cold from her.
    DS1 5/15/11
    DS2 12/20/12
  • She is 50/50 BF&FF, goes to daycare and currently has a cold.
  • I pump and supplement.  I'm weaning very slowly so about a third is BM right now, two thirds formula.  LO goes to my moms for 'daycare' while we work, and we have had him out in public and around other people since he was 3 days old. He has not been sick at all yet, knock on wood.  We live in the desert tho, and its so dry and hot in the summer I don't think many people get sick throughout the summer.
  • I EBF and SAH, Georgia has been sick twice (fever, vomiting).
  • So DH and I have the same thing and I assume that's what LO has too.  I gave in a went to the doctor and apparently it's just allergies.  Go figure. 

It's still really interesting to see all the different situations/responses- 

• I FF and LO stays at home with me. He has never been sick. DS1 has had a couple ear infections but has never had a cold either. He was also FF and stayed at home with me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers ellie
  • DD was EBF until 4 months when I went back to work. She takes BM and formula now and has not gotten sick. I too am knocking on wood but I have an excellant immune system and so does my family on both sides. Older DD didn't get her first cold till she was almost a year. DH on the other hand, he gets frequent colds.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"