Parenting after 35

FFFC

I am not really anal about what Michael eats.  He had ice cream before 6 months, if he wants a pop-pop (popsicle) before he has his dinner, its ok with me because I know he will eat dinner, he eats Nutter Butters.  But he also eats broccli and green beans with the same gusto (makes the num-num noises.)  I want him to have a varied palate and not assign too much importance to any one kind of food or to see something as forbidden.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FFFC

• Meh. I'll give Big M crackers before dinner if he's fussy and we have ice cream almost every night because he asks for it Embarrassed
  • We try to get DD to eat dinner before popsicles, but it doesn't always work out that way.  She can be stubborn!
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm envious that he tries foods... Aaron won't even try a popsicle!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • All Bernadette EVER wants to eat is bananas.. I'm not exaggerating when I say she eats 2-3 sometimes even 4 bananas a day...is too much potassium a problem? 
  • No flames here, my kids will eat anything that isn't nailed down. It doesn't matter if it's healthy or not. I tried to get around it by cooking "weird" food, spicy food, that sort of thing. Nope. Hoovers. All of them.
  • mwdmwd member

As long as your child is eating a variety of foods, it should be fine.  For DS, we have found that if he eats a snack and drinks too much milk before dinner, he wont eat dinner, and then wants dessert.   That does not fly with us.  DD will eat anything, as long as she can eat it herself.  

• I'm the same way. Adrian is a big boy and he always has a good appetite, so if sometimes he wants a snack too close to dinner, it's fine with me. If he doesn't eat that much one day I don't worry b/c he'll make up for it the next day for sure. I just try to feed him a varied diet that includes some fruits and veggies. Although I'm having a hard time with the veggies. Other than raw petite carrots at day care, he doesn't want anything to do with veggies. Thankfully he likes fruit.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"