Michigan Babies

Maternity Clothes

Does anyone have any ideas, besides the normal goodwill and salvation army, for 2nd hand maternity clothes.  I am looking to save as much money as possible.  Especially with Christmas coming, and my Husband not working.  Any ideas would be amazing!

Thank you!

Valarie Visit The Nest!

Re: Maternity Clothes

• I would just hit up all the Goodwill's in town. Otherwise, Target has some pretty decently priced things and the sales rack at Macy's "motherhood' section has some cheaper shirts. I know, it's hard. TJ Maxx is good too. good luck mamma!
  • craigs list? otherwise i'd create a facebook group of pregnant or recently pregnant girlfriend of yours and maybe you could arrange a clothing swap?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Craigslist and Mom 2 mom sales are great. Old Navy also has inexpensive maternity clothes as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got some great clothes off eBay cheap.  Search maternity clothing lots - you get the best deals in lots.  

Also check out freecycle.org.  A lot of people give away maternity clothes on there.  You have to check it every day though, stuff goes fast.  It's a Yahoo email group that you join, and members post things they want to get rid of and if you see something you want you just reply to the email and arrange a time to pick it up.  Here's a link to the Grand Rapids group:  https://groups.yahoo.com/group/grfreecycle/

Don't be discouraged if you reply to an email and no one ever answers you.  That means someone else got it before you.  A lot of times people get so many responses that they don't reply to them all once the item is gone. 

• I purchased a lot of mine at Target & Macy's. Target's normal pricing was pretty reasonable, and Macy's always had a great sale section.

I bought a lot of basics - long sleeve t-shirts, jeans & corduroy pants and then paired them with my already-owned cardigans (not buttoned up, of course!) and flat shoes. I threw on a cute scarf & a fun necklace, and it was a pretty simple outfit most days. 

Comfy, cute & totally me. I didn't want to ever look like "a pregnant lady". I wanted to look like myself, but pregnant. No empire waist tops for this girl! 

Good luck :) 
  • And I just realized you said "secondhand" - so sorry! I was just thinking "good deal" in general. Secondhand - I saw a lot of stuff at mom-to-mom sales...but never in my size...good luck! 
  • try googling it. i know that there is freecycle.com and then i just recently got married and there was a weddingcycle.com that was all second hand stuff so im sure there is something like that for maternity clothes!

• I would try consignment stores...we have some great ones in the area.  I know that Kim's Konsignment in Caledonia has nearly every label you can think of, from Carters to designer labels like Ralph Lauren and Christian Dior.  The prices are extremely affordable.  I would check out or call a few different consignment stores in Grand Rapids, I know you will have great luck. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"