May 2011 Moms
Options

My little pterodactyl...

Sarina's started vocalizing - a lot - but most of her sounds are coming out in the form of loud shrieks! She smiles while she does it, so it's obviously normal for her at this stage - but my goodness! She sounds just like a baby pterodactyl.

Anyone else encountering some crazy sounding vocalizations?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My little pterodactyl...

• Options
    Ian has this high-pitched squeal, probably sounds a lot like your LO's noises! It just reverberates in my ear drums and they so piercing! Most commonly, they make this low-pitched oooooh-sounding whine. Almost like an audible sigh.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The audible sigh is so adorable. The shriek, not so much. I could have sworn I heard her coo "mahmah" this morning, but I'm sure it was just wishful hearing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We call DD "Little Pterodactyl" too!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    HAHAH - yes, we thought he was picking it up from an older child at daycare, but everyone I talk to says their LO went through that phase.  Love when he does it right in my ear when I'm holding him :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekacelle:
    We call DD "Little Pterodactyl" too!

Us too! DS definitely has his pterodactyl moments.

And may I say kudos to everyone spelling "pterodactyl" correctly!!

• Options
    imageyaelandhal:

Sarina's started vocalizing - a lot - but most of her sounds are coming out in the form of loud shrieks! She smiles while she does it, so it's obviously normal for her at this stage - but my goodness! She sounds just like a baby pterodactyl.

Anyone else encountering some crazy sounding vocalizations?

I told Dh the other day that she sounds like a baby pterodactyl. Lol. Im so glad that Im not the only one who thought that.

My overly happy baby girl!

I'm a breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, anti-CIO Mommy
    Raising Bean
    Wives Unscripted

Married my hero on 10-11-08
    Our bean was born on 05-19-11
  • Options
    Us too! I thought we were the only ones!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    AJ started growling when she's really excited about something then does that weird sucking in of air through the mouth and making a loud noise. Thats super cute...kinda like a pterodactyl! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"