Hawaii Babies

Frustrating dr appointment

So our appointment today wasn't the greatest. My HCG level is low. I was told that it was one of two things: either I am about to m/c or I am actually much earlier in the pregnancy. Like 2-3 weeks earlier. This is possible since I have very irregular periods. I gave up on charting some time ago because I needed a mental break so I don't know my actual ovulation days. The "magic window" would have been some time in the first three weeks of September since that was the only time we were both in the same place at the same time in the last two months!

So the next step is a phone call tomorrow with the doctor and more blood tests over the next few days. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Re: Frustrating dr appointment

• Actually I have very irregular periods too and I was 3 weeks earlier than I thought for this pregnancy (based on my last period, I'm supposed to deliver early March, but I knew my periods are irregular so I told myself that it'll be more likely mid-March, but when I went in for my u/s, my official due date is now late March!). So yeah, it could be just that you're earlier in your pregnancy than you thought--I definitely wouldn't rule it out. ))HUGS(( Hang in there! Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you the best.
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • I know how scary this must be for you - I'm hoping the due date is off (which sounds very plausible in your case).

Is there any chance of a dating ultrasound vs (or in addition to) more blood tests?

(((hugs)))

* the artist formerly known as redshoegirl *
    life in oz

• Loading the player...
  • Oh wow. I am sorry it's so up-in-the-air right now. Sending you positive vibes. I hope they can do a dating u/s and discover that you're just WAY earlier along than you thought, especially with an irregular cycle. Let us know how it goes. (((HUGS)))
  • imagelorem ipsum:

Is there any chance of a dating ultrasound vs (or in addition to) more blood tests?

They weren't too happy about my request to do a dating ultrasound but I think the fact that I am about to leave for a 2 week business trip convinced them otherwise. So I go in Tuesday for the u/s and tomorrow for yet another blood draw. I am feeling relieved that we'll at least have a better idea of where I'm at so thank you for mentioning the u/s. I wouldn't have known to ask!

• I know it's scary, but hang in there!  Sending good vibes your way!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ohh, i'm sorry, sending lots of hugs and sticky baby vibes your way... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope the follow up tests bring good news!
  • imageminimonster:
    imagelorem ipsum:

They weren't too happy about my request to do a dating ultrasound but I think the fact that I am about to leave for a 2 week business trip convinced them otherwise. So I go in Tuesday for the u/s and tomorrow for yet another blood draw. I am feeling relieved that we'll at least have a better idea of where I'm at so thank you for mentioning the u/s. I wouldn't have known to ask!

I'm SO glad you got the appointment, even if you had to push for it! It's more reliable than just blood tests (since there are such a wide range of beta numbers and not everyone's double perfectly anyway).

*crossing fingers for you*

* the artist formerly known as redshoegirl *
    life in oz

• Thinking of you big time! 
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sending you guys tons of good thoughts!  *hugs*
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • sending lots of hugs and good vibes!!
This discussion has been closed.