May 2011 Moms

Which highchair did you buy?

Now that we are getting closer to the 6 month mark and will be getting ready to start solids I think it's time to get a highchair.

What one do you have? What do you like about it?  If you're not using a traditional highchair, what are you using?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Which highchair did you buy?

• We impulse bought this FP 4-in-1 thingy that is a high chair too (and infant seat, swing, toddler seat). We never used it, but I think it will work as a high chair. What I like about it is I can take the cloth cover off and just use it as plain plastic, which will hose off nicely in the shower.

If I was buying, I'd get the cheap IKEA one as it's supposed to be super easy to clean, and only about $25 for chair + tray (plus I'd buy an extra tray):

• We bought the Fisher Price Space Saver. We like it!image
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecarishabob:
    We bought the Fisher Price Space Saver. We like it!image

This! We got this too and love it! 

• We have the Graco Blossom 4 in 1 (not in this color though)

• Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe (it's also a space-saver type that straps to a chair)

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageeveram01:

Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe (it's also a space-saver type that straps to a chair)

This one too.

• imagejamlsull:
    imageeveram01:

Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe (it's also a space-saver type that straps to a chair)

This one too.

These are the best! We use it for our almost 2 year old and it's great. He loves that he's more a part of things at the table. The tray is super easy to clean too. And this is coming from someone who registered for the really fancy bloom high chair and received it. We much prefer our $40 Fisher Price seat. Funny how those things work sometimes... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ditto both everam01 and carishabob. I have both of the highchairs they bought. The space saver for Lydia (because it reclines, and it's awesome) and the other for Layla (because it's just a simple high chair, and we now use it as a booster). Both are great and would recommend both. I like the space saver for this age because it reclines, but I like the other because it's a great booster until they're tall enough to sit at the table normally.
  • imagecarishabob:
    We also bought this style/brand of chair and we LOVE it!
    Anniversary
  • imagetokenhoser:

We impulse bought this FP 4-in-1 thingy that is a high chair too (and infant seat, swing, toddler seat). We never used it, but I think it will work as a high chair. What I like about it is I can take the cloth cover off and just use it as plain plastic, which will hose off nicely in the shower.

If I was buying, I'd get the cheap IKEA one as it's supposed to be super easy to clean, and only about $25 for chair + tray (plus I'd buy an extra tray):

This is the ikea one we bought! I LOVE it. One smooth piece of plastic, so it'll be easy to clean. We also bought the tray and the cushion they sell too, I think it cost us around $40. DD loves sitting in it at dinner time and plays with her toys while we eat. We're doing BLW so right now she just enjoys time with us, while in it. But around 6 months whenever she shows she's ready to start solids, I know tossing this bad boy in the shower and hosing it down is going to be awesome!

My overly happy baby girl!

I'm a breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, anti-CIO Mommy
    Raising Bean
    Wives Unscripted

Married my hero on 10-11-08
    Our bean was born on 05-19-11
  • We have the Graco Duo diner.  We haven't used it much yet, but we liked the fact that we aren't going to need to buy a booster seat down the road.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

My mom bought us two of these since they were on clearance at buybuybaby. They're the Nature's Purest Complete Comfort Hug Me Highchair by Summer Infant. Adjusts to 3 heights, lockable wheels, reclines nicely, one-hand tray operation, and the cover is a soft vinyl type material, so it's easy to clean. The boys seem to like them! Plus, we got 10% off each chair (multiples discount) and we were able to get an extra 20% off one of the chairs with a coupon from the mail, so they were affordable for us.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • For DS1 we got the regular graco big old fashioned high chairs---- and as he got in to table food and stuff we got one of those space saver ones--and I wish we would have only had that.  It's awesome.  That is what we're using for DS2 right now. 
  • imagecarishabob:
    We got this also! We love it and it reclines back enough so that LO has been joining us at the dinner table since she was 3 mos old!
    ~~~I am MrsPLW71~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

My Birth Story
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"