Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Messy eater with bottle

DD makes a mess when I bottle feed her.  Milk comes out the side of her mouth while she's drinking.  Sometimes it dribbles down her face, other times it kinda squirts up the side of the nipple.  I'm using a stage 1 nipple.  Any advice?  We use Avent bottles, and I suppose I could try another brand, but I'd like to not spend a fortune testing bottles.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Messy eater with bottle

• Options
    DD is a messy eater too, I always put a burp rag under her chin when she eats. I use the playtex drop ins with the slow flow nipple. Thata the first kind we tried and now she won't take anything else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD is a messy eater too. We use a burp cloth and we wipe her when we burp her every so often during the feeding. We also use the Avent bottles, are you making sure you have the ring in the bottle? I made the mistake the first few times we used the bottle and she had formula all over her because I forgot the ring. 

It may be the nipple, are they the #1 still or did you move to #2? DD is at #2, and I've actually noticed that the #1 made for a messier feeding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For about 3 weeks DS was like this. He would make a huge mess. I would put a bib on him or tuck a burp rag up under his chin. Suddenly he has gotten a lot less messy. Maybe its just a phase they go through.
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD has been a messy eater from day 1. It doesn't matter what kind of bottle it is either since we have about three or four different bottles at home. There are some feedings that aren't messy but it's hit or miss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    DS is also a messy eater.  We hae to put  bib on him and also make sure to stop him to wipe his mouth and chin every so often.  We are also using avent bottles with the 1 nipples.  DS is  super fast eater, so the pediatrician recommended we stick with the slowest flow for awhile.  In the beginning we were using other brnds of bottles too and he was just as messy.  So, I guess we just continue with the bib and wiping method and accept the fact we have a sloppy eater :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"