Health & Exercise
Options

First Trimester Exercise!!

I'm pregnant for the first time at 26, and I want to do everything right! What are some really good exercises to do during this first trimester? I know walking is good, but what else do you suggest? Thank you!

Re: First Trimester Exercise!!

• Options
    Continue your usual pre-pregnancy workouts.  If you were not active prior to getting pregnant then I would suggest you stick with just walking.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Congrats! I agree with others, continue with what you were doing before but don't up the intensity.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Continue your pre-pregnancy workouts to the extent that you can as long as you can (under a doc's supervision of course).  Obviously, don't be a knucklehead with this and most of all, for workouts from here on out, listen to your body, it'll never steer you wrong, make hay when the sun shines, and lay off when you're overly fatigued or you experience any "warning" symptoms.  You're better off to be doing light duty by the end of your PG than to have quit because your body can't keep up anymore. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe try some yoga?? Theres lots of great dvd's out there for mommies to be!
    ~ Mom to amazing daughter Sophia, born 2012
    ~ MC April 2015 at 16 weeks 
    ~ Current DD 10/2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"