May 2011 Moms
Options

Formula / Supplementing Q

If you are breastfeeding and supplementing, how much do you supplement and how much is it costing you?

I need at least a 6 ounce bottle a day and I'm currently 5 -10 ounces short a week.  I am flying thru my freezer stash and if the fenugreek doesnt help, in 2 weeks Iwill have to start using 2 -3 ouncesof formula to keep her fed at daycare.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Formula / Supplementing Q

• Options
    We supplement about 12 ounces a day. We go through one can of formula about every week and a half to  two weeks. So 30 to 45 bucks a month. About. Not too bad. Could be a ton more. We use similac sensitive. I haven't tried the generics yet because I'm still getting checks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options

imagemeimsx:
    We supplement about 12 ounces a day. We go through one can of formula about every week and a half to  two weeks. So 30 to 45 bucks a month. About. Not too bad. Could be a ton more. We use similac sensitive. I haven't tried the generics yet because I'm still getting checks.

I am about the same. We use Enfamil since we got checks but now that we are out its harder. I pump between 18-28 ounces a day... yes it varies that much. I travel for work so we supplement only when necessary. I havent gone into my stash yet, but I know I will be here soon. I have to have an MRI so I will be dumping my milk but I want her to have atleast 20oz a day of breast milk. We supplement the rest if necessary.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekelklump:
    I have to have an MRI so I will be dumping my milk but I want her to have atleast 20oz a day of breast milk. We supplement the rest if necessary.

I wondered if this link might be helpful for you regarding MRI effects on breastfeeding.  There is quite a bit of support for not having to pump & dump after MRI.  I recently had an MRI and did not pump & dump.  Obviously, do whatever you are most comfortable with.   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

DD gets 10-16 ounces of formula a day. It all depends. I bm during night feedings, sometimes when I get home, or before she goes to bed. It changes sometimes. We use enfamil and it's about $23. It lasts almost 2 weeks I believe.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Go to similac.com and sign up!  We got two containers of formula a bigger one of the blue lid and a small one of the sensitive that would have cost us 40 at the grocer store, then they send you checks.  We have received over $55 in formula checks so far to date.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"