Military Families
Options

Newbie!

Hi all,

I'm new around here....just found out I will be due around June 19, which puts me at about 4 weeks. The FI and were already planning on a marriage, but after finding out that we were expecting, we decided to make it happen a little bit sooner so that we can get settled in before the arrival. He is AD Army and plans on being a lifer, which is something I have struggled with a bit throughout our relationship. I am so very proud of all that he does for his country and am glad he is doing what he loves and would never want him to lose that. However, I'm pretty nervous for what the future holds. As a constant planner who likes to have things in order, I don't like the uncertainty I feel when dealing with the army life and am very nervous for those times when I will need to be a "single" mommy. 

I'm joining this board because I know I will need sooooo much advice and will have plenty of questions. Also, it will definitely help me to not feel so alone in all of this. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and congrats on the little ones!

-Amanda 

Re: Newbie!

• Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy.  My DH is AD Army and is in it til retirement.  Granted for us, that is only 6 more years away (though he is talking of staying longer than 20).  I am a planner too, and it is hard to not know what is going to be happening in the next few years, but all you can do is take it one day at a time and enjoy every minute of it.  But, make sure this is what you want.  There is a reason why the military has a high divorce rate.  But, if you think you can do it, go for it, and you will meet some of the best friends ever as an Army spouse.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just wanted to say welcome.  congratulations on the pregnancy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and Congrats on your pregnancy! Such an exciting time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Formerly Dashskidaddle
  • Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy! and good luck with the wedding planning.So exciting!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"