Preemies
Options

Going to become a preemie mom in a few days/weeks...

I am currently in the hospital for premature rupture of the membranes and will be here until LO is delivered.  I'm currently 30w5d and hope to make it at least another week.  Please tell me your stories with 30-33 weekers.  Thank you.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image

Re: Going to become a preemie mom in a few days/weeks...

• Options

I have 33 weekers who are now 8 months old. They spent two weeks in the NICU with no major issues and are now happy healthy babies who are on track developmentally. 

I was also on hospital bed rest (for a month). There was another patient on my floor who stayed on hospital bed rest with a premature rupture for 7 weeks.

Hang in there and please keep us posted.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD was born at 33 week as well. She spent 12 days in the NICU. She just celebrated her 2nd birthday on Friday and has no issues that we know of. Praying for a few more weeks on bedrest. Please keep us posted.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

ds was a 30 weeker, born at 2.5lbs. He didn't have any major issues, mainly was a feeder/grower. He was in the nicu for 8 weeks because he would have lots of apnea/bradycardia issues- which is very common for preemies. It was long road, but he is a perfectly healthy boy now, and is basically caught up w/ his actual age milestones :)

Good luck to you!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image noah joined us 10 weeks early.
  • Options
    My 32 weeker was in the NICU for 5 weeks.  As a matter of fact, we just came home last Thursday!  She was 3 lb 4 oz when born and 4 lb 13 oz when we left the hospital.  She had no problems really.  Her being able to take all feedings by  mouth was our major issue.  Good luck!
  • Options

My LO is a 27-weeker so we have a different story and longer NICU stay but I wanted to say welcome! There is a link in my siggy to a bunch of great NICU resources we have complied-maybe something to do while you hang out in the hospital?

I hope you don't officially join us for several more weeks but feel free to ask questions between now and then too-this is a great board for support.

• Options
    My son was born at 30 weeks 5 days. He was 4 pounds an spent 3 weeks in NICU. He is perfectly healthy today. No problems and he is on the growth charts. He is 15 months
  • Options
    My LO was born at 30 weeks and 4 days due to preeclampsia.  Came out kicking and screaming at 2 lbs 0.2 oz.  He was a feeder and grower.  He stayed in the NICU for 8 weeks because he needed keep his temperature outside the isolette.  Remember every day you have an inside baby is a victory!  We are here for you.  Hoping your LO keeps cookin'!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options
    Andrew was born at 31 1/2 weeks. It was very very scary, but he did really well in the NICU. He was never on a vent. He needed one blood transfusion. He mostly just needed to grow and learn to eat on his own. He was in the NICU for one month and is now a thriving 7 month old that I cant keep up with! T&P that you are able to keep your LO baking for a while longer. Every day inside is a huge milestone.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

My chunky monkey was born at 31 weeks, 5 days.  He weighed 3lbs, 12 oz at birth, 17 inches long.  He was a feeder grower and we luckily had a very uneventful 15 days in the NICU.  He gained weight quickly (still is, he is 3 1/2 months and just about 13lbs), took a bottle right away, and never had an issue with maintaining his temperature. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hoping your LO can stay in a little longer. My 29w4d preemie was born at 3lbs 8oz and is doing great. We're in the middle of our 5th week in the NICU and once he masters a bottle we can go home (he's breastfeeding better than bottle feeding right now). We're all here for support when you need it. The first week or two are the hardest.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options

DD was born at 31w1d (2lbs 3oz). We had a very uneventful nicu stay, and she came home (no monitors or anything) after 39 days at 4lb 6oz.

The only nicu issues were jaundice and learning how to feed orally.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"