Hawaii Babies

10/11: Health and Fitness Check-In

1. How are you feeling?

2. What are your current nutrition and exercise goals?

3. Did you meet your nutrition and exercise goals for the week?

4. Share at least one recent health- or fitness-related SUCCESS!

5. Optional weigh-in or progress monitor:

6. What part(s) of the transition to your diet/exercise plan have you found the hardest and the easiest?

7. How do you avoid feeling deprived when it comes to healthy eating? Planned "cheat" meals? Pure willpower? Something else?

8. Do you have a real life workout/diet buddy?

9. What other questions would you like to add to future check-ins?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: 10/11: Health and Fitness Check-In

• 1. How are you feeling?

Pretty good.

2. What are your current nutrition and exercise goals?

Exercise twice a week and eat lots of fresh, healthy meals throughout the week.

3. Did you meet your nutrition and exercise goals for the week?

I worked out three times! But I didn't do as well with my nutritional goals -- my healthy and fresh options dwindled mid-week and I resorted to so-so meals. Not terrible, but a good lesson to keep the fridge stocked at all times with healthy and desirable food.

4. Share at least one recent health- or fitness-related SUCCESS!

Made time for an extra workout and tried out zumba for the first time. It was really fun and nice to be doing it outdoors next to the water, but, for me, not the crazy awesome cardio workout that some people claim.

5. Optional weigh-in or progress monitor:

6. What part(s) of the transition to your diet/exercise plan have you found the hardest and the easiest?

Exercise has been harder to integrate because I have to arrange for child care, or if I take him along, I feel like it takes forever to get our stuff together and get on the road. I also don't like that I can't easily shower afterward. On the plus side, DH has been really helpful when possible and even goes on walks with me. Nutrition-wise, I am just trying to get back to where I used to be, so it helps that I honestly enjoy "clean" eating and am genuinely motivated to get back to that place.

7. How do you avoid feeling deprived when it comes to healthy eating? Planned "cheat" meals? Pure willpower? Something else?

I don't prohibit anything, but I think that works OK since I've "trained" myself to crave fresh, mostly vegetarian food. I let myself indugle whenever the opportunity presents itself, but if I have a burger and fries at a ball game, for example, I'm usually craving something really healthy the next day. When I'm in a good groove, I think my body regulates itself and I just have to listen. It also helps that we only eat out once or twice a week. And I allow myself 1-2 cups of coffee each day since I like it and I think it helps curb my appetite in-between meals.

8. Do you have a real life workout/diet buddy?

Not really. I go to yoga or go walking with friends on occasion, but nothing on a regular basis.

9. What other questions would you like to add to future check-ins?

• 1. How are you feeling? A combination of good and blah. Good because I'm making progress - blah because I've reached the point where I've been dieting/exercising long enough that there's a whiny little voice in my head going, "I haaaate this! I've been doing it for aaaaaaaages! I don't wanna do it any more! This suuuuuucks!" It's the same voice that tells me that I've been working so hard on this that I should already be at my goal weight. You know, like the weight loss fairy should award me extra pounds off for good behavior. Clearly it's not the most rational part of my brain lol. Stick out tongue

2. What are your current nutrition and exercise goals? For this week, I'm going to re-investigate joining a gym. Exercise aside, the baby-free time would be nice. Embarrassed

Weight related, although my ultimate goal is 150lbs, I'm focusing hard on getting to 180lbs(since it doesn't seem as daunting). That was my wedding weight:

When I reach this goal, I'm going to reward myself with some new clothes - at that point my current clothing will be falling off vs just baggy like it is now, and I think I can make most of those items last for the last 30lbs. I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe every time I hit a new size, kwim? I know this means my wardrobe won't fit well for long, but hey, that's more motivation, right?

3. Did you meet your nutrition and exercise goals for the week? Yup! Well, mostly. There was one day when I didn't exercise, but it couldn't be avoided (issues with the boys afternoon nap).

4. Share at least one recent health- or fitness-related SUCCESS! I've done really well with sticking to my healthy eating goals - especially since there have been more than the usual temptations around. For example, my MIL baked some of her delicious blueberry muffins and gave us a dozen, along with a batch of cookies. I wanted to dive in the box face first so badly last night! But I kept reminding myself about my goals, and that I'd rather see the scale go down today than eat muffins last night.

5. Optional weigh-in or progress monitor: 194lbs, so down another 2lbs.

6. What part(s) of the transition to your diet/exercise plan have you found the hardest and the easiest? Umm...hardest would be the irrational voice in my head (see question 1). Stick out tongue The easiest...I'd say starting my plan. That might sound dumb, but it surprised me - often it's so easy to make a plan, but actually getting started is postponed or avoided. But I just decided "no excuses, I'm doing this" and it went really smoothly.

7. How do you avoid feeling deprived when it comes to healthy eating? Planned "cheat" meals? Pure willpower? Something else? I don't really have any banned foods (I already eat pretty healthy food and avoid excess fat and sugar), and I think that helps. I'd do very poorly on - for example - a low carb diet, since I'd always be focusing on what I couldn't have.

I also have one planned cheat meal every Friday, and that really helps...especially when I'm feeling restless by Thursday, and can think to myself, "OK, do you REALLY want a brownie now? Or wait one more day, and you can have greasy takeout and watch bad TV with Ben?" Takeout and having fun with my husband always win!

8. Do you have a real life workout/diet buddy? No. In some ways it would be nice, but really I like working out alone so it's probably just as well!

9. What other questions would you like to add to future check-ins? What is your diet/exercise history (e.g., lifelong weight problems, yo-yo dieting, always fairly fit and active, etc.)? What's your biggest challenge to meeting your health and fitness goals?

* the artist formerly known as redshoegirl *
    life in oz

• Loading the player...
  • imagelorem ipsum:

Weight related, although my ultimate goal is 150lbs, I'm focusing hard on getting to 180lbs(since it doesn't seem as daunting). That was my wedding weight:

You look awesome! Not too far from this now. :)

• 1. How are you feeling? Awful and fat. Just got off a 7 day cruise where I ate like crap. Time to get my ish together. 2. What are your current nutrition and exercise goals? Eat better. I really think I need to sign up for a half marathon to get my butt in gear. 3. Did you meet your nutrition and exercise goals for the week? No. Well, I didn't set any goals since I knew I'd eat a lot of ice cream on the cruise. I did workout twice on the ship but not too hard. 4. Share at least one recent health- or fitness-related SUCCESS! Sadly, none. 5. Optional weigh-in or progress monitor: I don't even want to know what I weigh right now! 6. What part(s) of the transition to your diet/exercise plan have you found the hardest and the easiest? It's been hard since we have been traveling so much. Now that all our planned travel is done, it's time to get serious and healthy. It's also hard for me to change my eating habits since I've been able to eat whatever I want for a long time and not gain weight. 7. How do you avoid feeling deprived when it comes to healthy eating? Planned "cheat" meals? Pure willpower? Something else? I don't deprive myself and that is the problem. I plan to allow myself a treat when I really want one. Dark chocolate is something we keep in the house to satisfy a sweet tooth. 8. Do you have a real life workout/diet buddy? No but when we are back in Hawaii I plan to hike with my BFF. And whoever (Melissa!) wants to join us. 9. What other questions would you like to add to future check-ins?
  • Ugh. Sorry for the formatting. On my iPad so I can't fix it. :(
  • imagesanae78:
    8. Do you have a real life workout/diet buddy? No but when we are back in Hawaii I plan to hike with my BFF. And whoever (Melissa!) wants to join us.

I'm in! When will you be here?

• Not sure yet but hopefully all of December. I'll let you know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"