Health & Exercise
Options

Anyone have suggestions for diastsis?

I'm 22m PP, I'm right around my pre-pg weight (a few months ago I was actually 8 pounds below).  I wear a 3/4, have a pair of shorts that are the same brand that are 1/2 and the 3/4's are quite a bit baggy, but I can't get rid of the tummy.  With DS1 I had no stretch marks and my stomach was flat after birth, twins messed that up.  I plan on getting a "mommy make over" at some point (TT and breast lift), but I don't see that in our immediate future, so anyone know how to help the tummy now?  I know crunches are a "no no", I've checked out the Tupler site, but I can never tell really what she's talking about.  Are there any gym classes or circuit machines that can help (since that seems easier to follow than a woman talking about elevator floors in my stomach)?  My twins are almost 2 and it just seems like there should be no excuse that I'm not back in shape by now.

Re: Anyone have suggestions for diastsis?

• Options

I totally recommend the TRX.  It's very compact in terms of use, and you can put it almost anywhere.  Every.single.move on the TRX targets your core, and builds stability, but there are also very good ab moves that never bothered my DR.  

I also have a hernia from my DR, so I know all about avoiding the strain.  Look it up... see if you can get one in good shape that is 2nd hand.  It's so worth it at full price, IMHO. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJaysonandKristin:

I totally recommend the TRX.  It's very compact in terms of use, and you can put it almost anywhere.  Every.single.move on the TRX targets your core, and builds stability, but there are also very good ab moves that never bothered my DR.  

I also have a hernia from my DR, so I know all about avoiding the strain.  Look it up... see if you can get one in good shape that is 2nd hand.  It's so worth it at full price, IMHO. 

What is TRX?

ETA:  never mind I found it.  Holy cow that thing is expensive.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Check out some Beachbody products like TurboJam, HipHop Abs, YBB if your a beginner.  If your already doing some fitness grab some ChaLEAN Extreme or TurboFIRE. 

The programs I named are very "Mama Friendly" meaning each workout is 30 to 45 minutes long.  My favs are ChaLean and TurboFIRE.  Did ChaLean until my third trimester with LO3.

www.beachbody.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"