May 2012 Moms
Options

Alternatives to What to Expect the First Year?

I read What to Expect when You're Expecting, it was ok.  I wanted to read a first year baby book (info and tips on newborns, etc).

Any good suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Alternatives to What to Expect the First Year?

• Options
    I've heard good things about Parenting 411. I have Expecting 411, and I've found it to be a really good source of information. I haven't checked out Parenting 411 though...
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

• Options
    I work in a library so I happened to come across this book written by the Today show people called: Today's Moms: Essentials for Surviving Baby's First Year. None of them are "experts," so I wouldn't equate it to, "What to Expect," but it was really enjoyable. I highly recommend it! As far as something along the same lines as, "What to Expect," there is, "Your Baby's First Year," by the American Academy of Pediatrics - I have never read it so I can't recommend personally.
    --Danielle :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have your pregnancy week by week. It's pretty good.
  • Options

I had "My Pregnancy Week by Week" and liked it. Honestly though, you can get great pregnancy info online (Baby Center for example) with full colour pictures of what your baby looks like week to week, etc. 

It would be better to spend your money on a baby care resource/reference book. The only one I've ever needed is "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears. It's very comprehensive covering from newborn to age 2-3, nutrition, sleep, common health concerns, etc. I highly highly recommend it. 

I know how easy it is to get caught up in the pregnancy aspect (especially if this is your first baby) but baby will be with you forever, pregnancy is just a phase and it'll be over before you know it! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Options
    I have Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn and love it. It's about more than babies first year, but that is included in there, plus it's a great pregnancy book!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"