Health & Exercise
Options

Jogging Stroller

I am a FTM and not sure how much I will want to jog with baby since that is my alone time. In saying that, I don't want to invest more than $300 in the jogging stroller. I would also like something that we could use on shopping trips, etc if possible. I was looking at the City Mini or the Joovy Zoom 360, does anyone have experience with either/both of these? Or do you have another suggestion?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Jogging Stroller

• Options
    I'm not sure what a FTM is? And I'm not familiar with either of those strollers but the citi mini is NOT a jogger and really shouldn't be used as one. You can compare a variety of joggers at www.joggingstroller.com.
  • Options
    FTM is first time mom, so basically I have no clue what I am doing/getting! I didn't think the city mini was a jogger either but it was rated in American Baby as great on rough terrain and in parks so I assumed it would work. Maybe not though? I think I will stick with the joovy for now and review the website. Thanks!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the city mini and it's ok at the mall, but its not great on sidewalks.  I do my outside walks with the Bob and I'm so glad I spent the money, it's well worth it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Options
    I got the copycat version of a BOB, BabyTrend at BRU, it works great!  And half the cost of BOB.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagerab41380:
    I got the copycat version of a BOB, BabyTrend at BRU, it works great!  And half the cost of BOB.

This is what we are getting.  So many of my friends have used it and loved it.  If you aren't training for marathons, it should work just fine from what I hear.  Target has one model for $99 and it can be used as a travel system with a carseat (not for jogging though).  The citymini is great for rough terrain,  but NOT for actually jogging.

• Options

I have the Bob and LOVE  it...it plows through everything: grass, sand, trails...I have put a ton of miles on ours and DS loves it too:) Worth the money!

• Options

From all I've read the BOB is most people's fave.  www.lucieslist.com has good reviews on different ones.

Not sure if you are cool with secondhand, but on my local craigslist there are always several BOBs for sale.   And as with what someone else wrote, most "knockoffs" would probably be sufficient for short distance joggers/runners.

And I think City Mini should take the "Jogger" out of their name.  Very confusing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"