May 2011 Moms
Options

I seriously need nap time help!!

DS just started sleeping though the night.  We put him in his crib and he puts himself to sleep within 15-20...no crying.  If he wakes up during the night, he whines for a few minutes (not really crying) and is back to sleep on his own.  Nap time is a whole different story.  We have tried putting him down drowsy, and he screams and cries.  I pick him up and hold him and he falls asleep that way.  How do I get him to go to sleep on his own for naps??  It seems like he should be able to do it since he can at night time.  I have tried a crib soother, music, etc. and nothing works!  I am not opposed to CIO, but just don't know how long is too long to let him cry.  On a side note, it seems like he gets tired just as it is time for me to leave to get DS1 from school.  It's been tough to get on a schedule because of that.  How are naps going for you?  Is LO on a set schedule yet?  Any help is very much appreciated!  Thank you!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I seriously need nap time help!!

• Options

Naps suck around here.  Bedtime is usually not a problem, but putting her down for a nap... you'd think I was trying to cut her leg off or something.  I've tried CIO for naps (no more than an hour, based on what I've read) but she outlasts me almost every time.  And when she does falls asleep during CIO, it's a super restless sleep and usually only about 20 min.  Usually we CIO for a while, then I try to put her in her swing, which doesn't work, either.  Sometimes she'll fall asleep at some point, sometimes not.

I have no advice for you, unfortunately.  But I'd LOVE to hear some from others!  Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Good luck!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"