Postpartum Depression
Options

New!: Monday Check-in

Hi ladies!  I love how this board tries to encourage each other, offer sympathy or praise, and especially hope.

It seems like most of the posts on this board are for seeking advice or validation regarding emotions and other symptoms of PPD.  I love it, I know it helped me when I was first starting on this journey.  But I would love to become even closer of a little community here.

So I?m going to try something new for Mondays!  Let?s have a check-in.  For those of us who have been here for a while, for those of us that are new, even the lurkers.  Please check in!  Let us know how you are doing, what you?ve been up to, how treatment is going, all the good stuff that?s new!  I?ll even try to come up with some general questions to answer.  I don?t know if all you ladies are interested in something like this, but I?d love to give it a shot.  Venting is great, but I?d like this to be a place to share our experiences and learn from each other.

So, to start:

Who are you?
How many kids and how old?

In 35 words or less, what is your PPD story?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: New!: Monday Check-in

• Options

I'll start.
    I'm Kristen and I have an almost-7 month old daughter.

baby blues, check. week 8 and no sleep, feelin' crazy. lots of crying. saw OB, now on Zoloft, spent a week at the in-laws to get back on my feet. anxiety better, but not gone.

Ok, I see I gave myself a challenge there wit the 35 words or less.

I always try to check the board to share what little experience I have, so if you have any quesitons, or just need an ear to listen, send me a PM!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options

Hey I'm Vicky and have a 7 month old daughter.

PPD was really bad after birth (literally felt like I was in a fog...couldn't concentrate on anything but feeling horrible) but got on meds right away. The big thing that helped me was brook shields book. mourned my old life a lot. Still get waves of PPD but trying to look on the positive side of everything. So tired....DD had double ear infections this past week and getting two front teeth.

I think that was more then 35 words.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm Brit - My little boys are 2 months and 1.5 years.

I've been battling depression since I can remember. Treatment so far has been hard. (Meds I found most helpful are way too expensive). We are doing the best we can and taking it day by day.  

• Options

Hi, I am new to the board...

I am shawndra.

I have one son named Jack, he will be one on Halloween.

Always struggled with mental illness, waited 9 months to get help for post partum after having the baby, came off meds a couple months ago because I was doing great and felt in control of my life finally and we wanted to get pregnant again, did terrible off the meds, going back on now and starting therapy.

Im just trying to get through the next few weeks until the meds start working basically. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Hi I am Mandi-

New to the board.  I have a 7 week old.  I have had a past with depression and now I feel like I am going out of my mind.  Things have gone on in my family not sure I am ready to deal with or talk about that and I am sure that is about 60% of my problem right now.  Also last weekend my Dad had a heart attack.  So dealing with a lot along with being a new mom and going back to work.  I have talked to my dr and am back on meds and they seem to be helping but sometime I just dont feel like I can do it anymore.  I feel so bad yes I love my DS but when my SO gets home at night I would rather do the dishes and make dinner then deal with the crying baby...anywho I am just feeling down and blah and just found this board so here I am! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    Mandi- Sorry you're dealing with so much right now. Transitioning into motherhood is hard, not to mention the stress of your dad's heart attack. I hope he's doing okay now. Feel free to pm if you ever need. - 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"