Health & Exercise

When did you start running PP? (clicky poll)

[Poll]

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you start running PP? (clicky poll)

• I had a c-section so couldn't do ANYTHING until 6 weeks pp, and when I tried to run, I weighed so much more, it killed my knees. I really started running about 3 or 4 months pp, and I'm back to doing about 3 miles a day now. (My LO is 6 months old).

My advice is to take it slow. It's better to be cautious than to hurt yourself.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The ran throughout my pregnancy with DD (including the night that I went into labor) so I was anxious to hit the pavement again. DD was born on Thursday and on Monday I was walking an hour with her. At three weeks postpartum I started running 3-5 miles 5 days a week. My docs guidance throughout my pregnancy was the same postpartum .... watch my heart rate and listen to my body...shortness of breath, soreness,etc.  I saw my doc 5 weeks postpartum and he cleared me to resume more intense distance running and start entering races again. I have had to cut a back of couple of times due to spotting returning and being plain old tired and sore..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I started very slowly easing back into running at 2 weeks. That may sound crazy early, but it's important to know that I ran all the way through my pregnancy AND I had midwife clearance to start that early as long as I took it easy and listened to my body.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto on the "you only get one uterus".  Especially if you have more than one kid.

• I started running at 3-4 weeks pp with after all 3 pregnancies.  Doc cleared me at 4 weeks with first kid so the following pregnancies I started just a little earlier.  At my 6 week pp check I told her I was running and she never had any issues with it.
  • I had a c section and was DYING to run again.  I went running a few times at 5 weeks PP and at my 6 week PP check up I told my OB that it was really tough to run and she told me that was because I probably shouldn't be running.  It's hard to give up something you're addicted to, even if it's for only a few weeks/months. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ran throughout my pregnancy as well...well, up until the last few weeks... with no issues...I had a pretty easy delivery and the Dr. in L&D (not mine, but the one on call) said she thought I should be able to get back in to it very easily b/c I didn't have much tearing,and b/c I was in such good shape etc.  I'm getting anxious and due to scheduling conflicts, won't be seeing my OB for my follow-up until almost 8 weeks pp.  I've been walking 1 week pp with no issues.

But, I only have one uterus... ;)  Gah!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"