Pennsylvania Babies
Options

E-town OB/GYN?/ Water birth

Hello all. Perty new here! 4 weeks, 2 days prego with #1.

Husband and I just moved to the area. Just wanted to see if there is any suggestions on ob/gyn / places where to deliver in the area. I live closer to Hershey than to Lancaster, however it seems like a lot of you recomend Womens and Babies. Any thoughts on Ob/Gyn of Lancaster which delivers at Heart of Lancaster or Hershey Medical deliveries?

Also, I am very interested in doing a water birth, not sure if that is even a possibility in this area. Do any hospitals around here allow it?

Give me all your thoughts and comments good or bad. 

Thanks so much! 

Re: E-town OB/GYN?/ Water birth

• Options
    I go to Penn state hershey group etown, which is right near lancaster ob, which I wont go to because I have heard nothing good about Heart of Lancaster. I delivered my second at womens and babies, and went through may grant, I'm not sure if they offer water birth, I think if you want a water birth you have to work with a doula or midwife, and not plan on a hospitol birth, I am using Hershey Med which I have heard great things, other than the food not being great, but it;s a hospitol. food is the least of my worries, I dont know of any hospitols that will let you have a water birth.
    Number 3 Here we come! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Water birth i think would not be at a hospital- at least around here.  My sister did a water birth at the Birthing Center which is in southern Lancaster County.  It was nice and homey but you go home the same day.  Not something I wanted.  I enjoyed some time at W&B after birth having nurses help and people clean up after you and cook for you.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"