Texas Babies

Need New OBGYN

I have been going to this OBGYN (Womens Partners) for the past few weeks and its just HORRIBLE!!  I had bleeding in my 6th week and called the emergency line and never ended up getting a call back (we ended up going to the hospital since we couldn't get ahold of anyone). The ER doctor said I needed to go for an after ER follow up with my doctor in 48hrs so I go to my doctor and she asks why I'm so concerned.... seriously, my last 2 pregnancies have been losses... I am terrified! Well, now I have been calling for 3 days to try to get a perscription for anti nausea because it has gotten so bad that I throw up EVERYTHING... havent kept any food down in 4 days, and I'm worried about nourishment for my baby and myself. I have called 6 times today and have not spoken to anyone! Needless to say I am in desperate search of a new OBGYN in San Antonio. Do any ladies have any suggestions? I am also considering Midwifes as well if you have any suggestions.
Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need New OBGYN

• I see Dr. Holshouser in the medical center.  He delivered my first son, my niece, brother, cousins and even one the kids I use to watch.  Ha, so needless to say I trust him!  I've never had a problem getting a call back from the office.  His nurses are great. He is very patient and answers all your questions.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I see the Lonestar Midwives, located in the Medical Center.  They are fabulous!  They deliver at St. Luke's Baptist.  For my first child I saw Dr. Dooley at Institute for Women's Health.  He has an office on Toepperwein (up 35) and in the Med Center, and also delivers at St. Luke's.  He was great, too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLTrain82:
    I see the Lonestar Midwives, located in the Medical Center.  They are fabulous!  They deliver at St. Luke's Baptist.  For my first child I saw Dr. Dooley at Institute for Women's Health.  He has an office on Toepperwein (up 35) and in the Med Center, and also delivers at St. Luke's.  He was great, too.

I've been going to a doctor at LoneStar ObGyn but am not impressed. A midwife delivered my baby so maybe I need to go to midwives again. I'm not that happy with the way ob/gyn's treat you, too impersonal. Midwives are a little warmer, IMO.

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Gil Villanueva isn't part of a big practice, delivers all his patients, and I never wait at appts. Delivers at Stone Oak Methodist.
  • I see Dr. Jacobs at Lonestar OB/gyn.   She delivers at St. Lukes and Methodist in the medical center.   She's very laid back and has the calmest demeanor.   I've also heard great things about most of the doctors in the practice.
  • Isn't Lonestar OBGYN Midwives?
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dr. Peche. He and his NP Ann, Are amazing. He delivers at downtown baptist only, and is seriously a "god" in the hospital. Anyway his office is downtown off evergreen.
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My OBGYN is Marissa Largoza, she is amazing!!  I absolutely loved her.  I started seeing her when I got pregnant and she always took my concerns seriously- even if it meant another ultra sound or going into the office to listen for baby's movements/heart.  She was also great during the delivery!!  She delivers at Methodist, not sure if she goes to other hospitals- it's possible.  She has two other lady doctors in her practice as well, I only met one- she was on call the night I went into labor, and she was nice as well.  Here is her info...hope it helps and yes you should switch---during office hours, if she can't answer the question, her PA is awesome at responding back! 

4499 Medical Dr # 191
    San Antonio, TX 78229-3774
    (210) 692-0831

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I'm 15 weeks and have been going to the Lonestar Midwives and I've been very happy.  You the get the convenience of having the obgyn's in the practice. I haven't met any of them and I hope I don't have to because I've yet to meet any obgyn with warm beside manner. However, this being my first baby, I wasn't ready to be completely away from doctors. You can interview one of midwives during your first appointment. I had about 15 questions written down and she took her time to answer everything in addition to the regular first visit exam stuff. Good luck! 
  • imageTexasLynette:
    Isn't Lonestar OBGYN Midwives?

I believe the Lonestar Midwives are a separate practice than Lonestar OB/gyn.  The doctors at Lonestar OB/gyn back up the midwives in case of a c-section. 

ETA: It appears I'm wrong they are the same practice.

• I see Dr. Robert M. Young.  (Not to be confused with the plastic surgeon in S.A. with nearly the same name.)  His staff is very friendly and I never have to wait.  He's very helpful when you have questions/concerns, and he was awesome when my delivery ended up having a couple of issues.  Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
    Anniversary
  • imagemuushugaipan:
    I see Dr. Robert M. Young.  (Not to be confused with the plastic surgeon in S.A. with nearly the same name.)  His staff is very friendly and I never have to wait.  He's very helpful when you have questions/concerns, and he was awesome when my delivery ended up having a couple of issues.  Good luck.

I've seen Dr. Young for over 10 years and LOVE him! I switched OBs when I got pregnant because I live REALLY far from his office and thought the drive to the med center to deliver might be a little too far. Highly recommend him if you are in the area, though!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageTexasLynette:
    I have been going to this OBGYN (Womens Partners) for the past few weeks and its just HORRIBLE!!  I had bleeding in my 6th week and called the emergency line and never ended up getting a call back (we ended up going to the hospital since we couldn't get ahold of anyone). The ER doctor said I needed to go for an after ER follow up with my doctor in 48hrs so I go to my doctor and she asks why I'm so concerned.... seriously, my last 2 pregnancies have been losses... I am terrified! Well, now I have been calling for 3 days to try to get a perscription for anti nausea because it has gotten so bad that I throw up EVERYTHING... havent kept any food down in 4 days, and I'm worried about nourishment for my baby and myself. I have called 6 times today and have not spoken to anyone! Needless to say I am in desperate search of a new OBGYN in San Antonio. Do any ladies have any suggestions? I am also considering Midwifes as well if you have any suggestions.

Who were you seeing there? I switched to this practice just for this pregnancy and liked my OB so far. Just want to know what I may be getting into.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesalbert79:

imagemuushugaipan:
    I see Dr. Robert M. Young.  (Not to be confused with the plastic surgeon in S.A. with nearly the same name.)  His staff is very friendly and I never have to wait.  He's very helpful when you have questions/concerns, and he was awesome when my delivery ended up having a couple of issues.  Good luck.

I've seen Dr. Young for over 10 years and LOVE him! I switched OBs when I got pregnant because I live REALLY far from his office and thought the drive to the med center to deliver might be a little too far. Highly recommend him if you are in the area, though!

One note about Dr Young.  I saw him for several years and he delivered my niece and my daughter, Sarah (see birth story in my siggy). Although I loved him throughout my pregnancy I didn't find him very helpful for my non-medicated delivery (which is why I switched to Lonestar midwives with my son, Jake).  Dr. Young is very knowledgeable though!

• imageTexasLynette:
    Isn't Lonestar OBGYN Midwives?

Lonestar OBGYN is a group of OB/GYNs, but they have a seperate midwife office in the same building on a different floor.  The midwives use all the Lonestar's labs/ultrasound techs, etc, so it is kinda nice in that regard and you have OBs on backup if you become high risk.

• Dr. Allsup- I see her at Christus Santa Rosa (Westover Hills) but it is not the only location.  She is great!
  • I see Christina Simpson and she is absolutely wonderful.  Her practice is off  Stone Oak pkwy and she delivers at North Central Baptist which I love as well.  She's delivered all 3 of my babies and she has the best bedside manner and has always listened to my concerns. 
  • Dr. Mark Thompson. He is at the North Central Baptist hospita - 205 Madison Oak Floor 2 and I forget the rest. He is with North East OBGYN.(Up near stone oak bc thats where I work so its convient for me)  I absolutely love him. I got the suggestion from a few friends that went there and I wouldnt swap him out for anything.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Dr. Gil Villanueva (Dr. V) is the best!
  • imagejessmae10:

My OBGYN is Marissa Largoza, she is amazing!!  I absolutely loved her.  I started seeing her when I got pregnant and she always took my concerns seriously- even if it meant another ultra sound or going into the office to listen for baby's movements/heart.  She was also great during the delivery!!  She delivers at Methodist, not sure if she goes to other hospitals- it's possible.  She has two other lady doctors in her practice as well, I only met one- she was on call the night I went into labor, and she was nice as well.  Here is her info...hope it helps and yes you should switch---during office hours, if she can't answer the question, her PA is awesome at responding back! 

4499 Medical Dr # 191
    San Antonio, TX 78229-3774
    (210) 692-0831

I second Dr. Largoza! Love, love, love her! I also use to go to Women Partners in OB/Gyn and I liked it okay, but the Dr. I saw there wasn't nearly as warm as Dr. Largoza and didn't take as much time getting to know me and answering any questions I had. I liked her, but I LOVE Dr. Largoza!

• Dr. King at Northeast Ob/ GYN is amazing. The staff is excellent as well.  My girlfriend that is due in 5 weeks sees Dr. Thompson in the same practice and raves about him. SO either way the practice has fantastic Docs and staff. 

Another Plus.. it is really close to where you are going now. Atrium building attached to North Central Baptist.    

• I love Dr. Aguilar-Sitek at La Femme OB-GYN. She and her staff are great!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"