May 2011 Moms

More car seat ?s

We were looking at the Graco smart seat - it allows RF until about 40 lbs, and then goes to a FF, and then booster to 100 lbs. Wouldn't EVER have to buy another car seat. 

Lasts 10 years.  

Thoughts?  

Re: More car seat ?s

• I based my purchase off of the recommendations in Baby Bargains.  We have the Britax Roundabout 55 to use when DD outgrows her infant carrier.  If I remember correctly, Graco convertibles were not rated very highly.

Also, wouldn't a car seat that goes up to 100 pounds be huge?  I didn't weigh 100 pounds until I got pregnant.  Haha.  Or does part of the seat come off to make it a booster? 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I would base it off of height over weight.  I would also look into which offers a 5 point harness the longest over a booster.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMelanie051907:
    I would base it off of height over weight.  I would also look into which offers a 5 point harness the longest over a booster.

This, exactly. Most kids will outgrow a seat by height, before they will be weight.

Kacelle, just to let you know, the Roundabout has a shorter shell height than say a Boulevard or a Marathon.  Everyone that I know that's owned a Roundabout has had to buy another seat to tie them over until booster time.  Although the Blvd/Marathon are more expensive, 3 inches in height on the shell goes A LONG way. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLisa Frank:

imageMelanie051907:
    I would base it off of height over weight.  I would also look into which offers a 5 point harness the longest over a booster.

This, exactly. Most kids will outgrow a seat by height, before they will be weight.

Kacelle, just to let you know, the Roundabout has a shorter shell height than say a Boulevard or a Marathon.  Everyone that I know that's owned a Roundabout has had to buy another seat to tie them over until booster time.  Although the Blvd/Marathon are more expensive, 3 inches in height on the shell goes A LONG way. 

Hmm.  Good to know.  That may work out fine for us if we have Baby #2 ready to use the Roundabout by then and need a second car seat anyway!  

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • anyone have experience with the Evenflo Symphony?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"