Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Help Please - How to tell low flow and med flow nipples apart.

So DD still takes a bottle at night and at nap time and I have been feeding DS BM in bottles (no formula but the bottles seem to work for us right now). 

DD's nipples are med-flow Medela. DS's nipples are slow flow Medela. Is there some easy way to tell them apart because, for the life of me, I don't see a difference that is easily discernable. The low flow's hole may be smaller but it is SO hard to tell.

Long story short - I have a problem. If DS gets a med-flow he chokes and gets air and I have to get up and change nipples and hope for better luck.

Also, I agree it would have been smart to mark them and I tried. I marked the bottom rim of the low-flow nips with permanent marker. Just a dot. The sharpie washed off in the dishwasher.Right now I took one that I know if low flow and it is sitting with the bottom rim in food coloring. I am hoping this works. 

Any other ideas?  

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Help Please - How to tell low flow and med flow nipples apart.

• Options
    All of my bottle nipples say 'slow' 'medium' or 'fast' right on the nipple.  It's kind of hard to spot but it's there on the side by the rim of the nipple.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagehjweber:
    All of my bottle nipples say 'slow' 'medium' or 'fast' right on the nipple.  It's kind of hard to spot but it's there on the side by the rim of the nipple.  
    This
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehjweber:
    This, or they have numbers on the bottom
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My Medela nipples say, on the rim, S Flow or M Flow.  S = slow, M = medium.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"