Parenting
Options

does ambien knock you out?

i wake up feeling great after about 7-8 hrs of sleep.  i have so much more energy b/c i'm finally getting better rest.  but it makes me incoherent if i were to wake up in the middle of the night.  last night dh woke me up b/c my cell ph kept beeping.  i vaguely remember that conversation and i made no sense whatsoever when i responded to dh.  is this typical/what it's supposed to do?

"image"
Ethan {1.11.10} & Malia {12.28.06}

Re: does ambien knock you out?

• Options
    That is how I am when I take it.  I love how it makes you feel refreshed in the morning because you've actually slept.  I definitely couldn't make any life altering decisions while in the middle of an Ambien stuper :-) 
  • Options

They gave me that after I had DD. Let me tell you, I was dead to the world. When they brought in to nurse DH had to keep waking me up and had to help hold the baby.

It was brutal.

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sometimes it's doesn't.  I took 10mg the night before my induction and I was up all night!

I admit though....I love me some Ambien CR.  I once did an entire book of sudoku and other brainteasers after taking one of those and can't remember doing it!  But, I got them all right!

• Options

It does knock me out.  I have to take one and go immediately to bed.  I've tried taking one and the doing stuff like watch TV, finish laundry,etc until I "feel" it.  I end up doing things that I can't remember doing the next day.

I was the BEST mom....until I became a mother. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"