Texas Babies

Intro and question - infant massage classes?

I'm from SA, live in Hawaii, but am back in town for awhile. It's so nice to be back - I had to make a breakfast taco run my first morning in town. I look forward to being in SA so my family can get to know DS...and so I can get my fill of good food before going back to Hawaii.

Question: Does anyone know of any places to take an infant massage class? DS is rather gassy, and I've been told that massage can help.

And while I'm writing this anyway... Are there any good local activities for newborns? We'll be here until DS is around 8 months old and I'd like to connect with other moms since my friends here don't have kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and question - infant massage classes?

• Destination Maternity at I-10 and Wurzbach used to have a  free mommy and me yoga class.   You would spend about 10 minutes doing massage on the baby and then the rest of class is really yoga for mom.   It works best if your child isn't crawling yet.

The public libraries all offer baby time which is geared  towards the 18 months old and younger crowd.   If you're looking for classes I think Little gym accepts babies at 4 months old but that is a bit pricey.   Stroller Strides might also be a good option for meeting people.  They meet at various parks in San Antonio and it's a workout for moms while the babies ride in their strollers.   I go and I've met a really nice group of moms, they also have playdates, a mom's night out and book club.   You could also look on meet up for a mom's group. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"