Infertility

Endometrin vs Prometrium??

Hi ladies,If you were told that you could choose between Endometrin or Prometrium, which would you pick? I know that Endometrin is more expensive, but other than that is one better than the other??? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Endometrin vs Prometrium??

• I haven't had experience with Endometrin, just Prometrium and PIO.  The Prometrium didn't seem to work all that well for me.  I bled right through.  I have heard girls say Endometrin is quite messy.  I'd go with whatever was the stronger option, but I also have LPD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If I can recall correctly, you have to refrigerate prometrium and not Endometrin.  Also the packaging of prometrium kind of sucks in that you can only disengage the meds right before you take them so you can't really be that mobile.  I liked the flexibility of not being chained to the fridge. 

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Prometrium is a gel-coated capsule, needs no refrigeration, and comes in a bottle like all your other Rx pill medications, no special blister pack or anything. You may get an applicator or you can just use your fingers to insert it. Endometrium is a large losenge that comes in a blister pack and has an applicator wand. The efficacy has to do with your dose and frequency more than anything else, assuming you are taking both as supps and not comparing oral to supps. Breakthrough bleeding is easily remedied by upping the dose, unless you're the rare person that does not respond to a certain form of medication. Pick the cheaper option if your RE has no preference. If you decide on Prometrium and you get colored pills, you'll have discharge the color of the pill. GL.
    +++
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"