Attachment Parenting
Options

how to wear toddler when pregnant?

Re: how to wear toddler when pregnant?

• Options
    I use my ring sling.  It's not super comfortable these days, but that's because picking him up in general isn't.  The Ergo stopped working for me pretty early, which seems to be at least partly related to how low the fetus is sitting -way way lower than DS ever did.  I think people do better with wraps or mei teis that are more adjustable, but I don't have any personal experience.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wear my 2 year old niece a few times a week in a ringsling on my hip. It's getting more uncomfortable, but is still fine for short trips or walking around the store.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard good things about ring sling back carries too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was going to ask this exact question when I just got on here so I'm glad I noticed it and thanks to everyone else for the answers!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In my blog (link in siggy, go back a few posts) I posted a video of how I do a back carry with my toddler in a woven wrap. Nothing crosses or touches my belly so it's still comfortable, except the extra weight is just difficult.
  • Options

imageBFab11:
    In my blog (link in siggy, go back a few posts) I posted a video of how I do a back carry with my toddler in a woven wrap. Nothing crosses or touches my belly so it's still comfortable, except the extra weight is just difficult.

Got it!  Love it!  now I just need a woven wrap...  : (  I have the Moby, a rebozo, a 7sling, and a Boba.  I don't think the rebozo is long enough : (

• Options
    My woven is a BB Slen, and is 4.9 meters. It's a lot of wrap, but since that back carry is what I mainly use, I need all that length, lol.
  • Options

imageBFab11:

Thanks for the heads up on the video!  

Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • Options
    Looks like you got your answer, but I was able to wear my older child on my back until the very end of pregnancy. It is possible if you want to continue. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think you'll just have to experiment and find what works for you! Because of the weird tailbone pain I've had since the beginning of 2nd Tri, I can no longer use a wrap or mei tai. It seems like having all that weight strapped to my torso really puts pressure in a bad place for me, and I have a hard time walking the next day. But if I use a SSC (I have the Ergo and Boba), I don't experience any pain, probably because the majority of the weight is on my hips.

I'm just into 3rd Tri now, and wore her for an hour this morning while I cleaned. Last week, I traveled through airports with her by myself, and couldn't have managed her + all our crap without it.  It's no big deal, really, and makes my life easier in a lot of ways! I do wish I could still put her in a high back carry ... she really, really prefers it.

• Options
    You can tie or buckle the carrier under your bump with a back carry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"