Health & Exercise

Anyone doing spin class?

I recently returned to spin class and would love to talk to any cyclists out there doing the same.  I have some nervousness about giving it 100%  and being in some of the crouched position. I know I can adjust to my comfort, but needing advice on if it's safe to perform at a higher level. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone doing spin class?

• I did spinning while pregnant but just kept the intensity much lower than normal. I only stopped once my belly got big enough that my legs were hitting it when I pedaled! My OB/GYN said as long as I could hold a conversation it was fine, just don't push it too much. I also didn't clip in just to be cautious in case I lost my balance or got dizzy...neither of which happened, I was just paranoid!
  • I take spin twice a week and love it.  I think it's so easy to modify.  I'm still early in my pregnancy, but had a friend in class who was riding along with us as long as her body would allow. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I continued with spin until about 27/28 weeks. It just became to uncomfortable. But my doctor did say that it was great exercise during pregnancy. I was able to slightly modify it and keep my intensity down a bit. Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Cadence Marie EDD: 11/10/11 Born: 11/10/11 8lb. 4 oz. 21 in
  • I was spinning up until about 37 weeks!  It was great, except I definitely let up on the intensity once my knees had to go out to the sides to avoid the belly.  Also, hovering was not possible after a certain point. 

The doctor told me that as long as I was doing it all through the pregnancy, there was no reason to stop until I felt too uncomfortable.

Have fun!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I did, all the way up to the end.  I just paced myself and listened to my body and made adjustments as needed.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • I took 3 spin classes a week my entire pregnancy. I was in 1 the day before I had ds.
  • I still go to spin class. I just can't bend forward very far.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"