May 2011 Moms
Options

Is mine the only baby not rolling both ways?

My DS will be 5 months on the 12th and he only rolls from belly to back and not constantly. He keeps rolling up onto his side from his back (has been for weeks now) but no rolling over. The pedi said she had expected him to be doing this at his 4 month appt :/

he's moving on to his next milestone ok, sitting up. He sits for quite a while in the boppy and is progressing great there but I'm still bothered that he's not rolling. 

Thanks!

Re: Is mine the only baby not rolling both ways?

• Options

Mine can roll stomach to back but doesn't do it without me cheering him on. He dislikes tummy time so he sees no reason to roll onto his tummy. He also is close to sitting up. Pedi didn't seem worried. He will be 5 months on the 7th.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Jane is still only 4 months, but she isn't rolling either way.  She tried a couple times, but doesn't seem too interested in it.
    BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine can't roll one way yet. Tongue Tied
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine can roll tummy to back (then scream because he's on his back).  Here we use the Nipissing District Development Screen  and it says that LO should be rolling one way only by 6 months to be in the 'normal' range. So no concerns IMO
  • Options

DS doesn't roll either way yet. He'll roll onto his side from his back, and he'll rotate around like a propeller while grabbing his blanket and stuffing it into his face.

He's pretty active. I'm not worried. 

• Options
    My DD is the exact same age and for about a month has been able to roll belly to back but does it VERY rarely. She can roll from her back to very far on her side, but she likes to keep her one arm extended.  She sat by herself on the floor for about 4 minutes today, so I think she just doesn't see a purpose in rolling where sitting up is fun for her.
  • Options
    imageJKHope:

My DS will be 5 months on the 12th and he only rolls from belly to back and not constantly. He keeps rolling up onto his side from his back (has been for weeks now) but no rolling over. The pedi said she had expected him to be doing this at his 4 month appt :/

he's moving on to his next milestone ok, sitting up. He sits for quite a while in the boppy and is progressing great there but I'm still bothered that he's not rolling. 

Thanks!

This sounds exactly like my DD. Pedi didn't seem concerned at our 4 month appointment. All kids are different, so I'm not worried about it yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can count on one hand how many times my kid has rolled, only one way.
  • Options

Gus rolls from back to belly all the time, but I don't think it has clicked that he can go the other way too.  He's done it a few times by accident but that's it.  I'm not worried about it.  

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    no rolling.  not interested.  she pretty much would sit all day if she could.  i'm not really worried.  she'll figure it out at some point. 
    bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cece was doing belly to back during her earlier TT days, and then started doing back to belly. She then forgot how to go from belly to back again until about 2-3ish weeks ago? (I'm horrible with time perception. lol) I wouldn't worry about it. In all seriousness, rolling just means, crawling which just means walking and I'm all for delaying these milestones. :D

• Options

Thank you ladies! This made me feel very normal. Which is all I'm looking for these days :) Pedi made me nervous but sounds like we're all good.

have a great night!

• Options
    My baby has only rolled from tummy to back maybe 7 or 8 times and hasn't even done it in the last week. My doctor is not concerned and said that it is not a development they look for until 6 months.
    DS1 5/15/11
    DS2 12/20/12
  • Options

One of my boys is a rolling fool and can roll all over the place and even do a military crawl to get to a toy. It's crazy to see.

The other one is completely content where you leave him. He can roll from belly to back but from his back will only roll on his side. He seems to hate being on his tummy so that's probably why he doesn't try more!

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Mine can only roll from back to tummy.  And she hates being on her tummy.   

She wakes up sometimes in the night totally grumpy that she is on her tummy and can't get back. 

• Options
    imagelcriordan:

Mine can only roll from back to tummy.  And she hates being on her tummy.   

She wakes up sometimes in the night totally grumpy that she is on her tummy and can't get back. 

This exactly! DD will roll onto her tummy and then get fussy because she hates tummy time. We've woken up between one and six times a night from this for the past nine days. I am really looking forward to her figuring out the tummy-to-back roll! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebabypants11:
    imagelcriordan:

Mine can only roll from back to tummy.? And she hates being on her tummy.???

She wakes up sometimes in the night totally grumpy that she is on her tummy and can't get back.?

?

This exactly! DD will roll onto her tummy and then get fussy because she hates tummy time. We've woken up between one and six times a night from this for the past nine days. I am really looking forward to her figuring out the tummy-to-back roll!?

as i'm scrolling through all these replies, this is exactly what i was going to post :) i'm also really surprised that several are so close to sitting up. i'm pretty sure DD is nowhere close!?

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• Options
    DD has only rolled from back to belly but shows no intrest to roll from belly to back.  Her doctor didn't seem concerned about it so I am not worried about it.
  • Options
    I can't believe your pedi said she expected him to be rolling both ways at 4 months.  That actually seems uncommon.  My daughter rolled belly to back for the first time literally AT her 4 month appointment.  She hasn't rolled back to belly yet and doesn't seem close... They will figure it out eventually. 
  • Options

imageNeverEnoughTime:
    I can count on one hand how many times my kid has rolled, only one way.

This exactly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    No one else will ever know the strength of my LOVE for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside <3 <br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married to the Milk Man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"