Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

1st Bday Party - help

So I'm having DS's B-day party at our community center. The ages are boys: 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6, girls: 4, 5, 7 & 8.  They only have 36 X 36 square tables and 72 X 48 rectangle tables.  I called the community center and they didn't know how much each table sat.  I assume 4 at the square table and 8 at the rectangle table.  So my question is...do kids normally sit at their own table or do they at this age, like to sit with their parents still.

I wanted to do 3 tables just for the kids decorated in the b-day theme and the adults would be at their table just barely decorated.  So with everyone who has been to 1st b-day parties or had a 1st b-day party held in a community center how did it work out for you and how did you set it up?  There is zero guidance from my community center rental office.

Thanks!  Oh, we're serving food, cake and ice cream.  I have tables for them.  I'm only having problems with where to sit the guests.  With kids and adults - maybe 24 max.

Re: 1st Bday Party - help

• Options
    I would think the 1 year old would sit with parents, MAYBE the two year old (that's a toss up with sitting with parents & sitting with kids), but I would plan the 3 year old & up to sit at their own table.
  • Options

I think with food, most of the parents will want to sit with their children.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why don't you just have some kid tables ready (for them to entertain themselves at) and plan for the kids to sit with their parents.  I know I would want my child to sit and eat with me. 
  • Options
    I'd just decorate all tables the same and let the chip fall where they may.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"