Upstate NY Babies
Options

Side dishes

I'm stuck in a rut. Does anyone have some good side dishes that they would like to share the recipe for? We generally have some type of rice/potato/couscous and the occasional veggie but I just make them all plain and boring. Blah.
image        image

Re: Side dishes

• Options

When I do couscous and need to add something to it I usually throw in a can of peas and grate some lemon zest on it.  For veggies I usually toss in some minced garlic and basil or parsley.  Is that plain and boring?

I've got no good recipes at the moment as I'm also very much in a rut. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love making brown rice w/ onion soup mix. I add some chopped carrots, celery and onions too. I also put all that with some thin boneless porkchops all in the same casserole dish and it all cooks together. Easy, not too bad for you, yum.

• Options
    Have you tried spaghetti squash? There are tons of recipes if you google. You can cook it in the microwave- we add parm cheese and garlic salt. YUM
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

this time of year I love roasted squash... butternut, acorn, spaghetti. Like MrsW said, you can just cook the spaghetti squash in the microwave and the "shred" it w/ a fork, and toss w/ whatever you want. I like to actually use it as a sub for pasta- it's good w/ marinara sauce. For acorn and butternut I just cut it down the middle, scoop out the seeds and then put it flesh side down on a baking sheet lined w/ foil and sprayed w/ cooking spray. Bake it on high heat (like 425) for about 20 minutes and then flip, fill the cavity w/ a little butter, brown sugar, sprinkle of salt and cinnamon. Finish cooking until fork tender.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"