Parenting after 35

Finally introducing myself...

DS is now 10 weeks old, I'm back at work with time to surf, and finally making it over here from the 35+ pregnant boards...

I'm Laura, my DH and I just had DS2 on 7/16 - his first, my 3rd.  My DD is 17 (almost 18) and my DS1 is 16.  DS2 was an unexpected gift...something we never realized how much we wanted!

I was able to take 10 weeks off of work but I'm back today (I'm the only breadwinner in the family - DH is self employed at an inherited family business that isn't profitable enough for him to draw pay right now).  DS2 is in daycare as we speak...

I live north of Seattle - have for a very long time - but grew up in Germany.

Not sure what else to add - looking forward to jumping in on these boards!

(now I need to go change my ticker/signature...)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finally introducing myself...

• Hi LauraLynne! Welcome and congrats!!!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Welcome LauraLynn.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi Laura! Nice to see you here. I was wondering if you will show up and you finally did. How is back to work working for you?
  • Hi and welcome!
  • imagenewbee36:
    Hi Laura! Nice to see you here. I was wondering if you will show up and you finally did. How is back to work working for you?

It's been a mixed bag.  I assumed going back would be easy - it was with DS1 and DD.  I went back at 2 weeks with each of them.  This time is different.  I have been busy and out and about with baby and it's been positively joyful.  So the emotions that have popped up about going back to work are not just hard but also unexpected making it just a little harder. 

We found a good daycare - I like them so that's good.  And we're motivated to make a plan so that I can cut back to PT or quit all together in the next year or so. 

This kid is a rockstar though - sleeping great, eating great, laughing, babbling, rolling over.  I really do NOT remember parenthood being this much fun last time (age?  Situation?  I don't know - my ex. husband was abusive and isolating so being home/married/life wasn't much fun back then - sadly). 

• LauraLynne!  Hi and welcome!  Can't wait to see pics of your little one!

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
  • imageLauraLynneC:

imagenewbee36:
    Hi Laura! Nice to see you here. I was wondering if you will show up and you finally did. How is back to work working for you?

It's been a mixed bag.  I assumed going back would be easy - it was with DS1 and DD.  I went back at 2 weeks with each of them.  This time is different.  I have been busy and out and about with baby and it's been positively joyful.  So the emotions that have popped up about going back to work are not just hard but also unexpected making it just a little harder. 

We found a good daycare - I like them so that's good.  And we're motivated to make a plan so that I can cut back to PT or quit all together in the next year or so. 

This kid is a rockstar though - sleeping great, eating great, laughing, babbling, rolling over.  I really do NOT remember parenthood being this much fun last time (age?  Situation?  I don't know - my ex. husband was abusive and isolating so being home/married/life wasn't much fun back then - sadly). 

Well, it is never too late, obviously. So glad that you are enjoying marriage and parenthood now. And yes, I hope to see a photo of your LO soon:) 
  • welcome & congrats
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hurray!  Glad to see you over here!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Welcome and congratulations!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm still new to the Bump too. I have two teens as well and we are really wanting to add. (planning and trying for my third and his first)

I just wanted to say hi and welcome (although I don't spend much time on this board, I should)

It's nice to see someone else in a similar situation. (wide gaps with the children's age)

• Hey Lauralynn! Good to see you over here.  I know what you mean about things being different and enjoying motherhood this time around.  The thought of me maybe going back to work brings tears to my eyes.  SO is juggling everything now, but you never know what the future holds so I'm looking into things from home.

My DS1 (23) finally moved out, and my DS2 (18) is leaving for FL to go to school next month.  DD (15) is so helpful with the baby. Almost had the house to myself, but wouldn't change anything!  I too spend alot of outside time with DS3.  He's my little buddy. 

• Welcome to the board and congrats on your new little one!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welcome! Just went back to work myself!  Looking forward to saying hi to another bumpie with a baby and teens!
  • Hi!  Welcome and congrats! Hope the transition back to work smooths out for you.
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"