Upstate NY Babies
Options

NBR: Medical bill question

I just got a bill from United Health Services for having some blood drawn at my local UHS.  Is this strange?  I have to do BW every month for my GI Dr, and every 6 weeks for my thyroid (both places are UHS offices) and they don't match up in timeframes so I figured I'd walk around the corner and get it drawn at the UHS on the street behind mine.  It was a way better solution than dealing with a toddler in a hospital, and took 5 minutes total from checking in to leaving.  But I'll deal with the inconvienence to save myself the $15 next time!  Maybe I'm cheap or this is normal, but it's never happened before so I'm curious if it's normal. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: NBR: Medical bill question

• Options

You may want to check on why you were charged. Maybe they put in a wrong code or something? If you went to a UHS, and blood draws are covered 100% under your policy, then I don't see why you were charged.

• Options
    What did the charge say it was for? You shouldn't have a charge just for getting your blood drawn in a satellite office. I always go to the UHS office locations for my blood draws and I haven't received a charge. I would definitely call them and ask why you are being charged.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"