Upstate NY Babies
Options

another FP rock and play ?

did anyone have an issue with the baby's neck or head? I feel like I read this somehwere...

I was going to pick up one this weekend but I just wanted to check on this- am I imagining things? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: another FP rock and play ?

• Options

I never had any issues with O's head or neck with the RNP....

The only thing I would say is that when we first started using the RNP, we didnt buckle O in... However, once he got to be more squirmy in his sleep, he would wriggle his way down, and so by the end of a nap, he would be in an awkward position - not hanging out of the RNP, but his upper body was def lower than it should be in the cradle... So then I started buckling him in. 

• Options
    No we didn't, I never heard that before. We never buckled B either b/c she was swaddled and put in the RnP. But we didn't have any issues with her neck or head. Our GI doctor was the one who recommended it to us and they never mentioned that there was a negative to look for.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard about it causing flat spots, etc., but honestly, I don't see how it's much different that letting a baby sleep in a swing, bassinet, or something else.  Even when Gavin slept in the bassinet, we still had to rotate his head every once in a while and we do the same with Riley.  She LOVES hers and we get such good sleep that I'm putting off transitioning her to the crib because I'm worried about how it will go.  Last night she slept from 8pm-4:30am.  Gavin didn't sleep that well unless he was right on top of me.  I highly recommend it!
  • Options
    Nope, and actually we were "testers" for the seat and they specifically brought Eve back for a re-test because they felt she slouched too much in it (she was like 7 or 8 months, but very small for her age) and they fixed the problem with it.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    I agree with Jen's post about it not being much different in the sense that head or neck problems could easily occur with bassinets, etc. But then again Jules did have torticolis and definitely always put her head to one side. But I don't think using the RNP or not would have changed that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"