February 2011 Moms

Birthdays

Is anyone else beginning to plan their LOs first birthday or am I overachieving? If you are what theme are you going to do? I am thinking luau, since she was born in HI and were in RI now. Plus it ought to be fun to have a summer sneak peak in the dead of winter.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birthdays

• I started gathering ideas a couple months back and I am now actually starting to plan. We are going to do a Black, White, and Hot pink Zebra theme.

I like the Luau idea, that was the other theme that I considered.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • TB will not let me post pics so hee are some links. we are thinking Cookie Monster"

https://tinyurl.com/3usgl7u

https://kommunicated.com/tag/cookies/ 

image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure yet. I know it won't be anything big, because we're moving a month after her birthday and our expenses will be directed elsewhere. However, even though 'she won't remember it', I'd feel bad for jipping her and not doing anything. I'm considering a purple and green cupcake theme, it'd be pretty easy to do and I could just use a picture of a cupcake I've made as the invites. It cna't be too big or expensive, but I can't just let her have nothing either. I don't know, H wants us to gloss over her birthday because she won't remember it, but I feel she will have pictures to look back on, and if she sees pics of her two sibling's first birthday parties and compares them to hers, she might be hurt. I don't know. Maybe she won't care. Bah. Thank goodness it's still a few months away.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • I've already started too.  I've also been using pinterest for ideas.  I'm hoping to do most of it myself, so I wanted to give myself lots of time to make all the decorations. 

We decided on a Sesame Street theme, mostly using the colors (red, yellow, blue, green) and using that for ideas for snacks and favors.  Like goldfish crackers for Dorothy, rubber duckies in the gift bad (ernie), etc.  Not yet sure if I'm going to make a cake or buy one.  I think I'll make that decision at the last minute.

So far I've decided what decorations I want to make, and I've already made a balloon wreath from pinterest.  And Target had some Sesame Street stuff in the dollar section so I got a few things for the favor bags.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • I'm only planning when we'd like to have it and kind of making sure that family and friends will be available.  Since DD's b-day is smack in the middle between Christmas and the New Year I want to give people some notice.
  • Yes, although nothing concrete for now. DS really loves MMCH, so maybe something Mickey?? And we will be incorporating some of my Korean traditions too. One really fun thing, is that you lay out a bunch of objects to represent different occupations (ie a stethoscope for a doc) and which ever one the baby goes to first and picks out, will be his job in the future..lol. Obviously, we won't hold him to it, but it'll be fun :)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • I love the the luau theme.  I am planning already, and we are doing a space them with aliens.  I actually have most of it planned out in my head.  We go all out for first birthdays; very large guest list (mostly DH's huge family) so I like to plan in advance.  Especially with the holidays coming up too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"