May 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone with a good sleeper and then a second baby?

OK... so my son is a great sleeper.  Lay him down when he yawns with his blanket and pacifier and he falls asleep with no issues.  Sleeps 7:30pm until 5-7am and doesn't wake up when his paci falls out or anything.  I'm not taking this for granted at all, but everyone keeps warning me that since my first is so good, my second is going to be awful.

From the families I've seen, this has been true so far... someone please tell me there is hope that I will have TWO good sleepers!!!  I'm beginning to doubt my desire for a second child. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone with a good sleeper and then a second baby?

• Options
    My son STTN @ 6 weeks (like 11 hours a night). My daughter started STTN @ 5 weeks (8 hour stretches). She extended to 11 hour stretches at 4 months. There is  hope.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I could have written this post!  Great question; I'm wondering as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think this is just something that people like to say to you.  "Just wait till the next one! You won't get lucky twice!"
  • Options
    imagekyleanne:
    My son STTN @ 6 weeks (like 11 hours a night). My daughter started STTN @ 5 weeks (8 hour stretches). She extended to 11 hour stretches at 4 months. There is  hope.
    So jealous. We're just now occasionally getting 7 hour stretches - but they're rare - and I'm over the moon about it.
  • Options

My son was not a great sleeper.  My DD is a 100x better, but I still can't tell if it's just because she's my 2nd, and I'm more laid back, or if she's really a better sleeper.  I do think she's better than he was at this age. In fact, I know she is...but still...I question myself :)

I do have a friend who's DD was a great sleeper and her DS has reflux and is really needy.  So, in all seriousness, it can go either way!

• Options

DS was (and still is) an amazing sleeper.  He STTN at 6 weeks old and consistently slept 12 hours, 7a-7p.  Now he sleeps 10-12 hours at night and takes a 2-3 hour nap.  It is awesome.

While DD hasn't been a terrible sleeper, per say, she hasn't been nearly as good nor as consistent as DS.  She was doing awesome in the beginning and we thought she might STTN even sooner than DS did, but nope.  She continues to tease us with a great week or 2, then relapse with a few bad nights.

They're all different.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There's no way to predict what your second child will be like.  They will be their own person, just like your first child is.  If you have another child, they will have challenges, but nothing you can't handle.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"