Phoenix Babies
Options

Opinions on Mercy Gilbert?

Hi Ladies,

Have any of you either taken the hospital tour or delivered at Mercy Gilbert?  If so how was your expierence. 

I had an unplanned C-section at Chandler Regional and loved the staff but the PP rooms are ridiculously small.  I have heard that at Mercy Gilbert the labor suites are used for Labor, Recovery and PP.  I don't know if I will be able to take the tour as I'm starting a new job on Monday and would love to know if this is accurate, and any other impressions you have of the hospital.

Thanks!  

Re: Opinions on Mercy Gilbert?

• Options

We took the tour at Mercy Gilbert & I am very excited to deliver there! The labor suites are very nice and HUGE! We were told that you stay in the L&D rm for approx 3-4 hours after delivery then you move to the PP room. PP rooms aren't near as big but they are large enough for a hospital bed, pull out couch, bathroom with shower, TV ect. DH said he is surprised at how nice the rooms are!

I don't know what your new work hours are but I know that Mercy Gilbert offered tours in the evening and on Saturdays. I would suggest checking into it.

Hope this helps Smile

• Options
    I delivered at Mercy Gilbert last November and absolutely loved it!  The delivery rooms are huge, bright and nicely decorated.  I stayed in the delivery room for probably 2-3 hours after delivery and was then moved to a smaller PP room.  But it was still really good size- at least the size of my master bedroom at home.  I honestly can't complain about anything at Mercy Gilbert, I'll definitely deliver there again.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just gave birth at Mercy Gilbert in late August.  The labor suites are quite spacious.  The recovery suites are smaller but my understanding is they're still quite a bit larger than most other hospitals in the area.

I had an excellent experience at the hospital and can't say enough good things about the nursing staff and nursery.  (Our LO ended up having medical complications.)

My only real complaint was the insane amount of (non-medical) people walking into my room and waking myself/LO up...even after we posted a Do Not Disturb sign on the door (posted with the permission of the Charge Nurse).  The little old lady volunteer who comes around to offer tea in the afternoon and food services with both particularly aggressive.   (I ended up telling food services to just give me option A on every item for every meal until I left just to keep them from stopping by and/or calling for each freaking meal separately.)

Also, be aware that the "pull-out sofa bed" in both rooms is about 5 feet long and pretty uncomfortable.  If the hospital is close to home and your DH is tall, I'd send him home to sleep.  Mine was miserable and got very little rest.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i've heard nothing but good things about that hospital. good luck, mama!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We just took a tour at Chandler. They have changed there recovery rooms there. I would give it another chance maybe take a tour there to see how its changed.
    ANGELA_11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered my daughter at Chandler and I'm going to deliver my next baby at Gilbert Mercy. I took the tour and the rooms are bigger than the rooms at Chandler. I like Gilbert a lot better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"