Babies: 0 - 3 Months

how much BM for 3 month old

my DS will be 3 months next week how much Breastmilk should he be eating at each feeding?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: how much BM for 3 month old

• Our LO is 10 weeks and will take about 4 ounces of BM but I also have to supplement with formula so I don't know if that makes a difference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bf on demand but do give a bottle of bm right before bedtime and I give LO 4ozs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Here is a handy little calculator from kellymom that will help you figure out how much LO likely needs at each feeding.  BF changes consistency (calorie content, etc) as your baby gets older so he will likely take the same quantity of BM from now until he is about 6 months old with a little extra thrown in for growth spurts. If he is consuming a huge amount (say 35-40OZ a day instead of 20-25OZ a day) he may be needing to comfort suck a little in between feedings and is getting milk when he does that or the bottle you are using may be too fast for him and he isn't realizing that he is full until he has taken in too much milk.  There are several helpful tips on that page to help you determine if he is getting too much/too little milk.  HTH and GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD is 12 weeks old and takes around 5 oz.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My LO takes b/w 3-4 oz per feeding every 3 hrs.  At his 2 mo, he was 12lb 12 oz and I think he's about 13 lb 8 oz now based on my bathroom scale.
  • Mine takes about 3.5 oz. every 3ish hours.

Sometimes it's 2.5 and sometimes (like before bed) she'll down 3 bottles in a row. She's such a random kid.

• My Dr told me that the general rule is how many months the child is +3. so for your 3 month old, he would say no more that 6 ounces.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"