November 2011 Moms
Options

To buy or not to buy?!?

Are any of you using a maternity belt? If so is it worth going and buying or just so so? My OB recommended that I get one but I am one of those people that I dont want to buy something just to use for another month and then have to get rid of it or something. Heck i didnt even buy maternity clothes lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To buy or not to buy?!?

• Options
    This is my second baby, I consider myself really up to speed on what's out there maternity and baby gear-wise, and I have no idea what that even is. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If it's because your having a lot of back pain I'd recommend trying it on on in the store for at least 10mins first. I tried several and for the first 5 or so mins it felt like it was helping but then it started to actually make my pain worse so I ended up not getting one and just getting an actual lumbar brace from my Dr. (for free I might add) and it works much better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you get a maternity belt that's pretty adjustable, you can use it after the baby is born for support and pulling your abs back in. It's up to you though. Typically, you know if you need one due to back pain.
  • Options
    I found one at a second hand store for only 10 dollars and it definitely helped me; my doc recommended it because of terrible pelvic and back pain. The only thing I would say is I don't recommend the belt from motherhood maternity if you are a plus size girl like me, because it fits around the belly kind of awkwardly.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies my OB said it would help with the pressure I am feeling in my pelvic area. I tried one on and I didnt like the way it felt maybe I just need to give it some time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got one at the recommendation of my physical therapist. It does seem to help my back and hips somewhat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"