Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Circumcision Question

DS was circumcised at birth. He has to go see a urologist b/c it never did what it was supposed to. The skin can be pulled down but doesn't stay down. Sorry to be so graphic! Anyways, he was supposed to see the Urologist earlier this month but DH was in between jobs so we didn't have insurance. I am rescheduling his appointment now that we have insurance again. Has anyone gone through this with their son? He is 18 months.

Re: Circumcision Question

• Options

Someone just posted something similar to this earlier in the week.  My son is 16 months and he just had a re-cicumcision done on Sept. 20.  Here is what I posted to her .... sorry so long ...

My son just had this done last week and he is 16 mo.  He had to have a skin tab removed from where the first circumcision was done and needed to be re-circd as well.  The hospital staff was wonderful and really tried to make it easier for DH and I.  The hardest part was being there when they put him to sleep.  Our doctor wanted one of us (me) to be there when they put him to sleep and then for us both to be in the recovery room when he woke up.  This was the worst part of it all ... I left the operating room in tears!  The surgery went really well but he was very cranky when he woke up.  The nurse said this was normal.  She said he feeling like one might feel with a horrible hangover and blurred vision.  He was screaming until finally they took out his IV.  His voice was raspy too from the tube used during the surgery.

Our doctor told me just to give him a double dose of Advil twice that day and that he shouldn't need it the next day.  I was skeptical but he was right.  We had to put a first aid ointment on for just the first two days and we were told to bathe him the night after his surgery. 

To be honest, DS was walking around and playing normal the next day.  He only said "ouch" one time and that was after a fresh diaper change the third day (no medicine on the site) and he was sliding down the stairs on his belly. 

He just went to the doctor on Monday for his follow-up and is healing well.  Good luck!!

• Options
    I don't have a son, but I am so sorry and I hope everything goes OK!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son had a birth defect so we had to deal with something in this same department, only when LO was younger.  The one thing I'd say is just feel really comfortable with your urologist and ask him all of your questions.  I held back the first few appointments and then I had a terrible feeling in between appointments. Once I finally just asked my questions I felt better.  GL
  • Options
    Thank you for all of the encouraging words ladies! McGee- it is good to know someone else has gone through it and to get an idea of what to expect. DS had to be put under for tubes in his ears and did great, so if the same thing needs to happen with this I am hoping he does ok. Poor guy.
  • Options
    My DS's circumcision was the same way but the doctor said it was because he was chunky.  His penis didn't start staying out until he was closer to 2 because he started to thin out.  Now we have no problems and the skin stays down.  My other son who is 14 months has the same problem but again he is chunky so my pedi isn't concerned at all.  Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"