Two Under 2

Anyone have or know about Joovy strollers?

This was recommended to me and I was wondering what others' opinions were on it... 

Thanks!

~Annie Marie~
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
natural m/c 3.28.08, image
My Blog

Re: Anyone have or know about Joovy strollers?

• I have the Joovy Caboose Ultralight.  DS1 is 23 months and DS2 is 3.5 months.  I kind of hate it.  Upsides:  it's compact, light, fits in the trunk of my car, cute, good mom organizer, can put car seat in it and then it converts to a regular front to back double (or sit and stand).  Down sides:  It steers like a shopping cart so you have to push w/ 2 hands....as if a mom w/ 2U2 has 2 hands!  The caddy underneath for your stuff is squished under the rear "seat" so it's really hard to get your diaper bag in and out of there - it's a wrestling match.  The rear seat looks REALLY uncomfortable for DS1 (w/ the car seat attachment, the front seat is reclined to the 2nd position which essentially forces DS1 to hunch forward while sitting in the rear seat) and the sun shade doesn't cover DS1 while he sits OR stands back there.  The standing function is cool but he's actually a little too young - he's constantly jumping or falling off of it.  Sigh.  I think it will be a *little* better when DS1 is a bit older and DS2 can sit in the front part rather than in his car seat.  Other than that, meh.  It was cheaper than the other ones I looked at so I suppose for the money it's pretty good.  Ok, I don't HATE it, but no "rave" reviews from me. 
  • imageSirSleepsALot:
    I have the Joovy Caboose Ultralight.  DS1 is 23 months and DS2 is 3.5 months.  I kind of hate it.  Upsides:  it's compact, light, fits in the trunk of my car, cute, good mom organizer, can put car seat in it and then it converts to a regular front to back double (or sit and stand).  Down sides:  It steers like a shopping cart so you have to push w/ 2 hands....as if a mom w/ 2U2 has 2 hands!  The caddy underneath for your stuff is squished under the rear "seat" so it's really hard to get your diaper bag in and out of there - it's a wrestling match.  The rear seat looks REALLY uncomfortable for DS1 (w/ the car seat attachment, the front seat is reclined to the 2nd position which essentially forces DS1 to hunch forward while sitting in the rear seat) and the sun shade doesn't cover DS1 while he sits OR stands back there.  The standing function is cool but he's actually a little too young - he's constantly jumping or falling off of it.  Sigh.  I think it will be a *little* better when DS1 is a bit older and DS2 can sit in the front part rather than in his car seat.  Other than that, meh.  It was cheaper than the other ones I looked at so I suppose for the money it's pretty good.  Ok, I don't HATE it, but no "rave" reviews from me. 

I just got one and kind of agree with all of this. My kids are 3 and 1 though so we're not using the infant seat with it and DS1 isn't into sitting for long periods of time back there anyway. I do love how light it is. It serves our purposes for where we are right now. We bought a regular double when we were expecting 2u2 which I'm happy about. I wouldn't have liked this stroller at that point in time. 

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a Joovy Ergo Caboose and I HATED it. I ended up returning it after a year of rarely using it (sales associate offered to take it back after we discussed new stroller options and I told her how much I disliked mine ~ I hadn't planned on returning it but was thrilled to!).

Anyway, it was huge, way too heavy, bulky, uncomfortable for the bench seat, the front seat never stayed locked in place and would whack DD1 in the head at every little bump, front wheels were awful and jammed in every tiny crack.....I could go on and on.....

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • I LOVE LOVE my Joovy Kooper, but was seriously underwhelmed by all of the doubles.  I ended up with a City Select as the double.  I still haven't sold my Kooper though, since it is so great - we use it in my husband's car now.  :)

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Wow!  I'm glad I asked!  Thanks for the info ladies.
    ~Annie Marie~
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    natural m/c 3.28.08, image
    My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"