April 2012 Moms

Animals acting different

I swear my cat can sense that I'm pregnant. He normally isn't the cuddly type. He will sleep in our bed sometimes but always at the foot of the bed. The past week or so he has been laying right beside my stomach. I think it's so cute! He seems to be paying extra attention to me too, which I don't mind.

Re: Animals acting different

• My dog is acting differently, but I'm not sure if it's because she can sense I'm pregnant, or if it's just because I'm acting so differently. I'm napping, I'm eating differently, etc...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My cat normally curls up beside DH on the couch but in the past 2 weeks or so she has been curling up right next to my stomach - it's crazy that they can almost sense it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerunningmommy519:
    imageBrowneyedhunni85:

I swear my cat can sense that I'm pregnant. He normally isn't the cuddly type. He will sleep in our bed sometimes but always at the foot of the bed. The past week or so he has been laying right beside my stomach. I think it's so cute! He seems to be paying extra attention to me too, which I don't mind.

One of my cats has been jumping on the bed then crawls on my belly and begins "kneading" me.  He's always been a kneader but I feel like its gotten worse since i've gotten pregnant. At least i don't recall him doing it this much on my belly.  

They say kneading is sign of affection. :)  

My oldest cat has been standing on my lap and "making biscuits" on my belly, almost every day.  It's really cute.  Now my younger cat is starting to get in on the action too, except her "biscuits" are more erratic and all over the place.  She's more energetic so it's funny to watch her do that.  With my older cat, she just goes into this trance and will make biscuits on me for like 15 minutes straight.  She's also been much more attached than usual, she won't leave my side!  I think it's really sweet.  I can't wait until I can feel the baby kick, and see if she can feel it kick too when she's sleeping on my stomach! 

• My dog is normally not a cuddler either, but lately she's been very attentive and sleeping at the foot of the bed (normally she prefers her crate at night).  My doctor actually asked if my pet was acting odd because its very common for them to start acting all extra lovey!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We resuced a lab that has suddenly become very protective of me. I am not sure if it is because my husband is gone for a couple months or if it's because im pregnant. However, her being protective is a bit aggressive. She's gone after one of our friends dog, causing her to get stitches. And, she has gone after our other two labs. When someone comes to the door, she shows her teeth and gets in a defensive stance.  She is a usually friendly, awesome, sweet dog, but I don't trust her around a baby. I think we are going to find her a new home, which kills us. Ugh, I'm getting emtional thinking about it!!

• Aww these are such cools stories. I thought my yellow lab was acting differently this evening when he just came up to me while sitting down and rested his head right on my stomach so calmly for like a minute or two. I was like....what is going on!? Can he sense I'm pregnant!? Then I realized I was holding a popscicle stick in my hand and that's what he was begging for the entire time....ugh. :-)
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • My dog has been extra attention-hoggish lately. He's always putting his head on my knee or lap whenever I'm sitting down, or will sit and stare at me when I'm standing. He normally just minds his own business.

I don't know if he's just being lovey, or he knows he won't be the baby for much longer, so he's sucking all the attention he can out of me. 

~Lauryn Marette
    Mommy of 3 Angel Babies and one on the way!
    #1 m/c on 7/11/11 at 5w3d
    #2 m/c on 10/6/11 at 10w5d
    #3 m/c on 6/13/12 at 4w0d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My BFF's dog is normally a hyper PITA who jumps all over people and gnaws on any arms and hands she sees. When I visited last month, the dog jumped all over DH but was uncharacteristically gentle with me.
    Belly Dweller: EDD 04/22/2014
    Big Boy: Born 05/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"