Upstate NY Babies

FP Rock N Play Sleeper--a few questions

Has anyone used this and how did you like it?  I am thinking about getting one for Audrey.  Right now she is sleeping on her side in the crib with my Boppy around her lower half to keep her from rolling over.  It's not ideal and I'm not 100% comfortable with the set up.  She likes to be cozy and I'm wondering if the RNP will help with her spitting up at night, too. 

Would anyone be willing to send me theirs to borrow for a few months?  I'd pay for shipping and send it back when I was done!  I'm also going to ask on FB to see if any local friends have one.  TIA!

Also, how did the transition go from RNP to the crib and when did you transition?  I hate to mess with taking her out of the crib since that's where she is now but she's not sleeping well, even with her crib inclined.

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: FP Rock N Play Sleeper--a few questions

• I can't really answer your questions, but we're going to try putting Thomas to sleep in the RNP tonight.  He did sleep in it when he was first born, but then I transitioned him to sleeping in his PNP, cosleeper and crib.  But now he's spitting up a lot and I'm going to see if sleeping inclined helps.  I have the same concerns with transitioning from the RNP when he's older, but then I figure we should all be trying to get as much sleep as possible now, and worry about transitioning later. 
  • I just saw your post on FB but I figured I can answer your questions on here.  I do have one....but my niece is using it right now.  If for some reason, I get it back in the near future, I will absolutely let you know!  I really liked the RNP with Jules, loved that she was inclined since I was always worried she would choke on spit up.  I kind of think that using it made the crib transition tough but who knows because Jules has always been a difficult sleeper.  I'm trying to remember when we transitioned...maybe around 5 or 6 months??  I've gone back and forth about if we'll use it again this time, because of how Jules is with sleeping, but I'm sure we will because any sleep will be precious.  I just did a quick look on CL, and there are a bunch on there, but more toward Syracuse.  There was one in Sidney but from the beginning on the month...btw, the cloth cover comes on and off for washing. 

Sorry, I wish I had it...let me know if you have any other questions about it!

ETA: If you don't get any responses from local people, maybe give some consignment places a call tomorrow...Fancypants in Vestal, Shylee (something like that) on Court St-if they're open yet .

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I love love love the fp RNP.  I got it when Sophia was 1 month and she slept in there until 5 months.  She slept next to me every night.  The transtition to the crib wasn't bad at all.  I think it helped with the reflux.  I got it on sale for around $35 at BRU. It was an out of box item so they took 20% off
  • I offered it to Meryl (who is due beginning of Dec.), but you could use it until then, and if it is still working, maybe you could find one on sale.  I know a lot of people have had great success with it, but Andrew hated it....it would be great if you could try it first.  Let me know.  Too bad it was not yesterday, as we were in Ithaca and could have swung by Binghamton :(.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And as far as shipping, the box is pretty big.  We could always meet in Cortland :)...maybe Tuesday or Wednesday?
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an extra that we only used once. You're welcome to it, but I live in rochester area. We LOVED ours. It was a lifesaver for her reflux.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Thanks ladies!  After reading opinions and reviews I think I'm just going to take the chance and buy one.  Hopefully it will help her with her spitting up and sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time.
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Tina- I don't think you'll regret it.  Thomas wasn't sleeping more than an hour or two at a time before he was grunting and spitting up.  Last night we put him in the RNP and he went from 1:30-4, ate and went back down until 6:30 with almost no grunting and no spitting up.  It's not great, but it's way better than what he was doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"