Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Something is wrong with my boob

Not BF related.

I didn't know where else to ask this or who to ask. Part of my left boob is red and hot. If i press on it, it doesn't go away and it feels lumpy and hurts. The catch is, I'm also getting ready to welcome AF, so the lumpy and hurty part can be just that. I'm a little concerned about the red patch. It's not itchy or anything, it's just there and really hot. I haven't BF'ed in two months, so I'm assuming it's not BF'ing related. Is it normal, or should I be concerned?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Something is wrong with my boob

• Watch for blisters; could be Shingles.
  • That happened to me when i first began breastfeeding. it was inflamed due to a clogged duct. but it got better as i kept letting my baby feed on it. it hurt in the beginning, but eventually it went away.
  • Loading the player...
  • It could be mastitis.  If you start getting a fever, then that's what it is.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Seconding the plugged duct/possible mastitis suggestions. You can still get them after you've weaned, unfortunately. Try taking a hot shower and massaging the lumpy spot.
  • Yeah - I agree with the other ladies.  If it is an infection, you can start to get flu-like symptoms as well, so it is best to have a doctor check it out either way.  Antibiotics will do wonders for it.  GL!
  • Please have this checked out. I thought my lump was mastitis too, turns out I have breast cancer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"