Stay at Home Moms

First and Last Day at my Part-time Job!

I started yesterday at a part time job. It was supposed to be 6 hours working in the office, 6 hours from home a week. Then it changed to the 6 hours from home could include running errands, being on the road, etc. I was a realtor's assistant.

I did my 6 hours (which turned into 8 but no biggie) and was sent home with a list of things to get done by next Thursday (when I would return to the office). Then the realtor's office assistant started calling/emailing at 10:30 at night. They wanted me to do about 4 hours driving around, 3 hours in the office and then do a walk-through of a house tonight. I had explained to them in the interview that I had childcare for Thursdays but they assured me the work from home stuff could be done on my schedule (around DD's naps, bedtimes and when DH got home if I had to run an errand). So their solution was keep DD in the car lol! For 3 hours in a parking lot while I am in the office, then also another 4 hours of running from one end of the city to the next. I had to laugh. I explained that was not safe and just not happening. Then I quit. They asked if I would go pick up $1000 worth of gift cards as one last errand for them. On my own credit card and I could invoice them lol! Sure, I will just go do that and wait for my cheque in the mail lol!

So now I know if it sounds too good to be true it is lol! I never thought of all the WFH opportunities that exist if I am just willing to leave DD in the car all day lol!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First and Last Day at my Part-time Job!

• WOW!  Love the last part, are you kidding me?!
  • That's a WFC job- = work from car

That stinks- sorry you went through that today-

Relax and enjoy your Friday night!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • What part of "that's against the law at this age" don't they understand...  Ugh...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow. I really don't even know what to say. I would have quit too.
  • That's a great idea.   Why do people need daycares or nannies at all? There are so many perfectly good parking lots.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've dealt with some real estate agents who were lunatics.  I never stopped to think about the poor people that had to work with them!
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDochas:
    I've dealt with some real estate agents who were lunatics.  I never stopped to think about the poor people that had to work with them!

I told DH I am never working for a realtor again lol! I am sure there are some really good ones but it's just not for me. So happy I quit right away!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"