January 2012 Moms
Options

Help me differentiate baby movement from Braxton-Hicks?

I'm just feeling a LOT of movement down there which I've been assuming are kicks or punches or rolls, to the point of being annoying and interfering with my sleep a bit.  The baby's been pretty active since early on.  Can you describe what your BH feel like for me?

Re: Help me differentiate baby movement from Braxton-Hicks?

• Options

They feel nothing alike, although at the beginning of a BH it feels like baby is pushing out with its butt as hard as possible at the top of my belly. It spreads and eventually my entire belly is hard. They don't generally last that long. They're not painful, just uncomfortable.

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageautumn wren:

They feel nothing alike, although at the beginning of a BH it feels like baby is pushing out with its butt as hard as possible at the top of my belly. It spreads and eventually my entire belly is hard. They don't generally last that long. They're not painful, just uncomfortable.

This.
    You really should hardly notice BH until you are touching your belly and feel it tighten up.

Nothing like baby kicking.
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    BH are definitely different than the baby moving. When I have BH, it feels like the baby gets into a tight ball and feels really heavy. Then I touch my belly and it's tight. But it doesn't hurt.
    Nia, Mom to Jayden Michael, Born 12/04/06, Adopted 12/07/06
    And Elias Parker, Born 3.5 weeks early 12/20/2011 image
    FINALLY!!! After 7 years of infertility! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Braxton Hicks usually for me take my breathe away for a second. I can feel it coming on and then let go. Movement is more sudden and doesn't affect my breathing
  • Options
    Exactly what Autumn said.  At first it feels like a baby butt, but then my whole stomach gets hard like that.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    I guess I'm not really getting the contractions then, thanks!  Sometimes my belly does feel harder than other times but I can't really tell when it's happening.
  • Options

imagevelveena:
    I guess I'm not really getting the contractions then, thanks!  Sometimes my belly does feel harder than other times but I can't really tell when it's happening.

I'm with you...

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"