Parenting after 35

FFFC

I start work Monday, back from mat leave after 1 year. I am mostly ready to be back, but I still feel like I need one more month to get my poop in a group. Flame me, because I realize south of the border, mat leave like this is unheard of and unpaid. I should be happy with what we get, but knowing this is the last time I get leave, I'm kind of sad that I didn't get through my bucket list of things to do; we had some unavoidable crisis come up and literally took up have my leave. Is it bad I feel cheated??

Re: FFFC

• I think no matter when leave ends it stinks.  I had Margaux in Quebec, I ended up quitting.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I agree that we always feel cheated. And yeah, my British SIL quit after her year of mat leave was up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not looking to quit, can't afford to (esp. since I'm the one with health coverage), and I do like my job. I suppose most of my beef is with L being hospitalized when S was a newborn and spending over a month inpatient, and then we had follow up sometimes everyday, and that didn't taper off until April. It felt like I was at work, the trip was 85km one way, and often it was at least half a day's trip or longer.

I feel bad for S, because she was being hauled everywhere. I hope for a year with no hospital stays so I can make it up to her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"