Adoption
Options

Maybe a silly thought about a Moby, but....

Hadley is now 2 months old but we adopted and started carrying her in her Moby at birth, I absolutely love carrying Hadley in her Moby wrap and Bjorn, just love it, and I realized today, I sit and rub her bum in it, like a pregnant woman rubs her pregnant belly... I'm "carrying" Hadley, just on the outside of me instead of inside! :o)

Re: Maybe a silly thought about a Moby, but....

• Options
    What a fun similarity!
    Foster parents turned adoptive parents :)
    Adoptive daughter born 08/07/13... growing so fast
    BM due again end of March 2015 so any day!
    Bloggy blog
  • Options
    I've had the same thoughts.... not silly at all.
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesilliestbunny:

Same. It was one of my favorite things about wearing him in a wrap.

• Options
    imageHannaB:

imagesilliestbunny:

Same. It was one of my favorite things about wearing him in a wrap.

ditto :) 

I've even been known to call pics of me wearing her in the moby "bump pics" Embarrassed

• Options
    I love that. I am jealous of all of you. DD hated being in those carriers. I tried every day for about three months after we brought her home, she was never a fan.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't think that is silly at all! I've been going back and forth with the concept of "babywearing" when we adopt our LO and posts like this make me really think that this is something I should do. What a great way to bond- I think your post is so sweet!
    Unable to conceive due to emergency hysterectomy 11/04 Started our adoption journey 4/11 9/29/11- Officially waiting! 5/29/12- Our little boy is born and goes home with us the next day :-)
  • Options
    By the way- the pics of your daughter are absolutely beautiful! I absolutely adore the floral headbands- they are just too precious ;-)
    Unable to conceive due to emergency hysterectomy 11/04 Started our adoption journey 4/11 9/29/11- Officially waiting! 5/29/12- Our little boy is born and goes home with us the next day :-)
  • Options
    That is sweet.  I actually remember when I got one the first time I put Alice in it I caught my reflection in the mirror and almost choked up.  I even took my picture just like the prgnant ladies do- lol!  Too bad for me she never cared for being in there much, but I do think being able to have that kind of closeness is special and precious : )
    Look for me on Facebook! (reply and I'll tell you who to look for!) imageimage Began meds 9/6/07. Donor ER date 10/2/07. ET date 10/8/07!!! Beta 10/19=BFN Began meds for FET 11/21 FET 12/21! Beta 1/2/08- BFN It took exactly two years of adoption waiting, after two years of IF struggles. Our baby is here! imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers http://myifertilityblog.blogspot.com - new post! image
  • Options
    I just wanted to say I LOVE this thread :)  I am in the beginning stages of adoption, but strongly considering baby wearing when our little one finally arrives. Oh, and OP your little one is ADORABLE :) Love the headbands!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD conceived with no issues, but born at 33 weeks due to PPROM
    loss #1-06/2010 loss #2-2/2011 loss #3-5/2011
    07/2011 dx with a Balanced Translocation
    9/2011-decided on domestic infant adoption 10/2011-signed with an agency and getting ready for homestudy :)
    12-2012-after being with our agency over a year and only shown to EM once we decided to talk with RE about DEIVF. Thru a crazy sequence of events we decided to go for it and we picked a donor MUCH quicker than anticipated
    1/13/2013-started lupron with anticipated transfer in mid Feb.
    ER 2/15 resulted in 15 eggs/10M/6F with ICSI.
    2/18 transferred 1-8cell and 1-9cell embie. Snuggle in little embies.
    positive on HPT 6dp3dt. Could this really be IT?!?! Beta 14dp3dt=2440. U/S scheduled for 3/20. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am a hug fan of baby wearing! We did the moby for 3-4 months then moved to the Ergo. DD loves it and I adore being that close to her!
  • Options
    I am another one that has thought the exact same thing! T is getting so big that he's not a real fan of the Moby now, but in the beginning we both loved it!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Options
    I feel that way, and my baby is 6 months old!  Anna didn't like her Moby until recently, so I didn't get to carry her until now, but I love it (and so does she!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"