Breastfeeding
Options

a little discouraged

I love lurking and reading all sorts of tips and responses from all you ladies as this whole breastfeeding thing is so new to me (wasn't able to nurse DD d/t what I thought was supply issues). Sometimes though I read a post about cluster feeding, or being tied to the couch, etc, and the "oh it's normal" responses are discouraging. I love the honesty, and knowing it's normal, even lasting weeks, but then it makes me wonder, do I really want to commit to this? Between latching issues and the normal constant feeds, I am not in love and passionate about the breastfeeding as some people are. I only have 8 weeks maternity leave and I am truly afraid of spending most of it being frustrated and in pain. With DD if was actually a bit of relief when the pedi made me supplement, then had LC tell me I prob won't ever produce enough, so I shouldn't feel bad for FF. I want to do what's best, and know Bf is best, I guess it's the selfish part of me because once we EFF w/DD, life was so much easier, and both she and I were much happier. Thanks for letting me vent and express some frustrations.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: a little discouraged

• Options
    Have you thought about pumping?
  • Options

imageejagk:
    Have you thought about pumping?

I was thinking this very thing.  I also think that while nursing is a lot of work, you still need to feed the babe, so while it all comes to you to feed, it's a necessity.  I say stick with it, don't quit on a bad day and give it a bit of time.  BF was enjoyable at times and is very enjoyable now.  GL whatever you decide.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've thought about pumping. With DD once we had to supplement, we went to pumping & supplementing before choosing to FF completely. Pumping then was frustrating cause I felt tied to the pump and got such little amounts out (1/3 oz both breasts, at 3 weeks). I'm waiting to get a new pump right now as I don't want to spend the $ and not decide to use it.
  • Options

FWIW- I rented a Medela Symphony through my hospital for a month before I purchased my pump. When I finally went to buy mine, I got it from Burlington Coat Factory & used a 20% off coupon. I got a Medela Pump in Style Advanced- Metro bag for approx. $205 (it was originally $260). 

• Options

I think most of us who are on this board have or are experiencing difficulties BFing- otherwise we wouldn't need the support!  My Dr assured me that even if my LO got 1 oz of BM a day, that he was getting the important immunoglobulins that would help him fight of infection, etc.  It may be worth pumping a little just to be able to give your LO that for as long as you can.  Good luck dear- its so hard- I know- but support is here if you need it.

PS... Im from Federal Way, WA :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"