October 2011 Moms

Anyone do a version to flip breech baby?

I found out today that the baby is breech, and so I have the weekend to think about whether I want to have a version done at the hospital next week to attempt to flip the baby.  I had a c/s with DS, and I was attempting a VBAC with this baby, but now with her being breech I'm leaning more towards scheduling a RCS instead of trying the version.  If you had a version, how did it go?  Was it successful in flipping the baby?  Was it painful?  My dr. said I would need to get an epidural for the pain, and that the procedure has a 50% success rate, so it's not guaranteed that it will even work.  Just weighing my options here...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone do a version to flip breech baby?

• My girlfriend had one around 39 weeks and then they induced her same day.  She said it was much worse than labor...but really didn't want the c-section.

Have you tried the old wives tales yet? Scrubbing your kitchen floors on all fours? hot/cold packs? 

My little guy flipped on his own this week...but I have no doubt he MAY flip back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My friend tried a version last year for her frank breech baby and she said it wasn't that bad. Uncomfortable. They didn't give her an epidural or anything in fact she met us for dinner like an hour after her appt. That being said it was unsuccessful and she did a c section.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a verson with DS#1.  I had an epidural before the procedure, so I didn't feel anything.  DS#1's heart rate went down though during the procedure so I ended up having an emergency c-seciton.  Even still...I was glad that I tried.  Good luck in making your decision.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't been posting on this board, however I have been following it during my pregnancy.  But I felt like I had to answer your post because I had a successful version on Monday.  I had tried everything to flip our breech baby, chiro appointments for the Webster adjustment, crawling on my hands on and knees, inversions off the end of the couch, frozen veggies on my stomach and nothing worked.  So we decided our last attempt would be the version.  

After talking with the midwives in my practice I decided to get the epidural for the procedure because they said that the chances of it being successful is much lower without it.  The version wasn't the most enjoyable experience but I didn't think it was horrible, I felt a lot of pressure and I was pretty sore the next day but overall it wasn't as bad as people kept telling me it would be.  

For me I really didn't want a cs if I didn't have to have it and I'm so happy that we took the chance and did the version.  It's a personal choice but I just wanted you to hear a success story as you look at your options.  Good luck and I hope your baby flips for you! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for posting this.  I'm in the same situation.  My OB wants me to do a version around 36-37 weeks, so this week or next.  I'm pretty nervous about it, and afraid she'll just flip right back.  I'd really like to avoid a c-sec though, I've only had vag deliveries.
    My name is Julie. I'm a SAHM mom of 2 and married for 7 yrs! Missing my Angel Babies- 7/29/08, 10/11/10 both at 9 weeks. Another baby girl due in October 2011! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yup - hurt like hell and didn't work.

footling breech...gotta love it. 

little miss is breech too...another c-section.  meh, i still have a healthy baby no big deal.  it really is all about having her the safest way possible for both of us isn't it?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenorvelln:

yup - hurt like hell and didn't work.

footling breech...gotta love it. 

little miss is breech too...another c-section.  meh, i still have a healthy baby no big deal.  it really is all about having her the safest way possible for both of us isn't it?

I'm not really worried about getting another c/s, I just can't imagine how it will be recovering from the surgery and taking care of my 2yo son.  He's a bit hyper and runs around all day, so that is my main concern.  My H doesn't get much time off after the baby is born, and he works very long hours, so it's pretty much all me after this LO is born. 

• We did not do one, and I am glad we didn't.  The baby ended up turning on her own anyway.  I don't think it seems worth it giving the odds are 50/50.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're 37 wks/2 days and my midwife said it's actually more of a 65% chance it will work, more depending on who does it.  We're scheduled for a Version review (positioning, etc.) on Thursday and then either try one that night or Friday.  My friend had it done twice, she said it's uncomfortable, but didn't really 'hurt'.  I figure it's worth trying to get her to turn.  I am also doing the exercises and I hope to try to Webster Adjustment too.  Anything to try to deliver this DD vaginally.
    Jen T Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"